Hill People Gear | Real Use Gear For Backcountry Travelers
888.464.1875 | info@hillpeoplegear.com Register | Login
Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralNEW MEMBERSNEW MEMBERS
Previous

Next
New Post
11/26/2014 8:59 AM

I recently changed a couple of the security settings to try and end the return of our wonderful spammers.  If you join and can't post, please email us at info@hillpeoplegear.com

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
12/17/2014 5:12 PM

Due to a resurgence of spam activity, we've now got things locked down to the old "trusted forum member" group. If you're already a member of that group, you should be able to post with abandon. If you're not a member of that group, you still should be able to post, but it will go to a moderator for approval first. Once we've seen a legit post or two, we'll automatically add you to the trusted forum member group. If we don't catch it or you just want to proactively ask, that's fine too. Just email us at the above and we'll get it done. Thanks.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
12/26/2016 9:55 AM

Greetings from another FNG! I have followed this site and the Hill Bros company for some time and my only complaint is it's costing me a lot of money! The knowledge and wisdom found here is unequaled; I've spent a day or two in the woods and reading this site is like a good book: can't put it down. Ken has cost me two GB axes and a Two Hawks Woodsman. Bought a great blade from Daniel Winkler after my last deployment; WK II Belt Knife. Scott and Evan have embedded some of the old with the best of the new in kit design; the kit bags are perfect! What I've enjoyed most of all is the comradeship and love of the outdoors and good kit that's readily apparent here. I don't do social media so if I post something weird, my bad; not intentional. Again thanks to all of you for your contributions. Chip

New Post
12/27/2016 1:54 PM

Welcome aboard, Chip!  I'm glad I was able to assist you on parting with some of your no doubt hard-earned money for some quality backcountry tools!  HAHA!  As I am sure you already know...it's a slippery slope that can result in many more purchases!  The good news is....you will be better off in the long run, and able to enjoy your outings into the mountains that much more.  Plus....if something really crazy happens in this world, you are a bit more prepared (without sounding like a "Doomsday Prepper").  Apparently, the big buzz-phrase now is "Thrival" versus survival.  That seems to make some sense to me....where you become the guy that has some decent kit and enjoy heading out into the high country not to just "gut it out", but rather to go properly kitted for the adventure at hand...in a way so that you can actually enjoy the journey instead of just dealing with it.  Certainly, why wouldn't we all opt for that?  

Glad to have yet another kindred spirit here among the HPG Forum folk!  Hope you had a great Christmas and are all set for a 2017 full of adventures away from the cities and out in the beautiful lands we have available to us!

Slàinte!

Ken

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralNEW MEMBERSNEW MEMBERS

Edward Curtis Canyon De Chelly
When humans first set foot in a new continent, they came in small groups under their own power, bringing only the gear they needed. Most simply called themselves The People. Over time, those who chose the rougher freer life of the up country came to think of themselves as the Hill People.
Hill People Gear