Hill People Gear | Real Use Gear For Backcountry Travelers
888.464.1875 | info@hillpeoplegear.com Register | Login
Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralOtte Gear Alpine Jacket - Incredible Sale PriceOtte Gear Alpine Jacket - Incredible Sale Price
Previous

Next
New Post
2/1/2017 7:35 PM

For anybody on the Forum that might have a use for one, Otte Gear has their Multicam Alpine Jacket on sale for a steal price...$99.00!!  These jackets normally are priced at $435.00.

I have three different pairs of the Alpine Pants, and they are definitely my favorite soft shell pants for everything in the winter, and shoulder seasons.  I wore my Multicam ones in Afghanistan an awful lot out on patrols in cold, cool, snowy, rainy, and just plain crappy weather, and in rough terrain & conditions.  They still look nearly new.  Outstanding abrasion resistance and shed water really well.  The Durastretch Tweave fabric with Schoeller Nanosphere technology works great.  The Alpine Jacket will be much the same.  Made in the USA, too.  I don't think you'll ever see a deal this good anytime soon.

http://www.ottegear.com/catalog-detai...

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
2/1/2017 8:37 PM

How is the sizing in them?

New Post
2/1/2017 8:39 PM

El Mac wrote:
How is the sizing in them?

Pretty spot on.  They are athletic, climber style cut, so if you would want to layer underneath, I'd go up one size.  Originally, these were designed to fit under body armor, so they are cut trim.

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
2/1/2017 8:46 PM

Size is always a bitch for me. I'm always right on the edge of a medium or a large...

New Post
2/1/2017 8:57 PM

El Mac wrote:
Size is always a bitch for me. I'm always right on the edge of a medium or a large...

For me with this jacket, I could probably go with a large, but went with the XL just to have room for layering underneath.  When I don't layer, I am fine with it being roomy, because it will vent easier.

New Post
2/2/2017 4:24 AM

The sale last month was bonkers too! I can't even look, my wallet is still crying from christmas and HPG sale spending!

New Post
2/2/2017 11:01 AM

Schoeller is great stuff. In my experience, Otte Gear runs a full size small. Everything of theirs I have is an XXL instead of my usual XL. I tried to get one of their eVent parkas last month and found that, unfortunately, it runs 2 sizes too small. So I had to return it. That's OK -- we'll have our mountain parka in production soon (not really, who the hell knows, but I'm missing the prototype A LOT).

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
3/8/2017 12:30 AM

Their HT parka is on sale too for 99 dollars in TAN.

I bought a L and XL. The Large uses Primaloft Silver (Sport), and the XL was marked Primaloft Gold/ONE. The Parka is definitely smaller sized then the Wild Things Gear USMC Happy Suit, and other PCU Level 7 jackets.

New Post
3/8/2017 2:52 AM

Thanks for sharing that Domestique. I was really thinking about one of the HT parka's, but I would need size large, and I prefer the Gold.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralOtte Gear Alpine Jacket - Incredible Sale PriceOtte Gear Alpine Jacket - Incredible Sale Price

Edward Curtis Canyon De Chelly
When humans first set foot in a new continent, they came in small groups under their own power, bringing only the gear they needed. Most simply called themselves The People. Over time, those who chose the rougher freer life of the up country came to think of themselves as the Hill People.
Hill People Gear