Hill People Gear | Real Use Gear For Backcountry Travelers
888.464.1875 | info@hillpeoplegear.com Register | Login
Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsFirearms and Sk...Firearms and Sk...Magazine pouches on Recon kit bagMagazine pouches on Recon kit bag
Previous

Next
New Post
11/17/2016 7:04 AM

So I've got a ranger green Recon Kit bag and want to run it similar to a chest rig with some magazine pouches, Kicker is I want to run GSR mags. I've been looking at pictures on here and have seen what looks like Blue Force Gear 10 Speed pouches. I like that idea for the GSR mags but not sure if the shorty 10 speed pouch would work or not for GSR. 

Does anyone have experience running practical rifle magazines on their kit bag? I plan 1 or 2 mag pouches on the front. (30 rounds total, more rounds in my bag).

New Post
11/17/2016 8:19 AM

BFG makes M14 pouches that will work better for GSR mags. I've stuck them on my heavy recon kit bags. Here's a picture for reference. I didn't push the 10 round metal ruger mag in all the way, but it will fit.

New Post
11/17/2016 7:14 PM

Is that the full size M14/308 mag pouches? I'm thinking of running a double or triple shorty if I can get it in Ranger Green.

New Post
11/17/2016 8:03 PM

It's the Ten-Speed Triple 308 Mag Pouch

https://www.blueforcegear.com/ten-speed-triple-sr25-mag-pouch.html

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsFirearms and Sk...Firearms and Sk...Magazine pouches on Recon kit bagMagazine pouches on Recon kit bag

Edward Curtis Canyon De Chelly
When humans first set foot in a new continent, they came in small groups under their own power, bringing only the gear they needed. Most simply called themselves The People. Over time, those who chose the rougher freer life of the up country came to think of themselves as the Hill People.
Hill People Gear