Hill People Gear | Real Use Gear For Backcountry Travelers
888.464.1875 | info@hillpeoplegear.com Register | Login
Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut ThereOverland Expo West - May 20-22nd - Mormon Lake Lodge, AZOverland Expo West - May 20-22nd - Mormon Lake Lodge, AZ
Previous

Next
New Post
5/3/2016 12:04 PM

I have been a bit remiss in getting this post up, and the event on FB.  Evan and I will have a booth at the Overland Expo West this year.  If you are not familiar with the Expo, it is the mecca for overland travelers  of all types in the United States.  If you want more information or to sign up: http://www.overlandexpo.com/west/

Alpndrms went to the Eastern version (newer addition) last year and had a great time. IF you are interested in expedition style travel on motorcycles, bikes, and in all manner of 4 wheel conveyances it will probably hold some interest for you.  

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
5/22/2016 2:23 PM

Went yesterday (Saturday) and purchased a Umlindi, Prairie Belt, Palspocket and Aston insert from Scot. If the booth was as crowded as is was when I was there then it must of been a good show for HPG. Very windy day but nice and sunny.

Lots of very high dollar rigs to check out. Maybe I'll have to consider playing the lottery. My wife liked the EarthCruiser based on a diesel 4X4 Fuso chassis...until I mentioned to her they started at $190K. I really liked the AEV Dodge Ram 3500 at a cool $90K.

Thanks HPG for attending the show and helping us get some new gear.

New Post
5/22/2016 3:58 PM

Sweet!

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
5/22/2016 5:58 PM

The wife and I and our little one went yesterday also. Lots of cool ideas. I have a trailer I want to do some work on so I can pull it behind my Bronco. We really only got to see about half of it because we were pressed for time. I stopped by the HPG booth and it was great to be able to handle some gear I have wondered about. I was very impressed by the Wind Cheater. i wish I had the cash for it then, but I'll have to save up.

New Post
5/25/2016 5:38 PM

Thanks everyone who came by and said Hello, I know there were more than two that came by. A shout out to Shawn Connor two for all his help. It was a good weekend with some fierce wind, but we got to meet a lot of great folks, and hang out with some old friends and new ones.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
5/31/2016 9:09 PM

Followed that event from previous years and that Expo is a heavy metal fan's wet dream.

I have a massive case of custom van envy.

https://www.facebook.com/HillPeopleGear/photos/a.157193741004337.34442.153758301347881/1113427218714313/?type=3&theater

that Yeti carbon mountain bike is pretty sweet, but love the FJ golf cart (grin)

http://www.gizmag.com/overland-expo-2016-gallery/43570/pictures?thumb=true#picture3

"Law is error, you see. It's an attempt to write down a lot of things that everyone ought to know anyway" ~~~ Freeman ibn Solomon - The Gone-Away World (Nick Harkaway)

New Post
10/5/2016 6:57 PM

I'm a bit late to posting this as I don't come to this section of the forum often but I stopped in the booth at the Expo and talked with Evan about using the Umlindi as a wildland pack for a my department (still working on that BTW). Great to see you guys there, love the gear...keep it coming!

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut ThereOverland Expo West - May 20-22nd - Mormon Lake Lodge, AZOverland Expo West - May 20-22nd - Mormon Lake Lodge, AZ

Edward Curtis Canyon De Chelly
When humans first set foot in a new continent, they came in small groups under their own power, bringing only the gear they needed. Most simply called themselves The People. Over time, those who chose the rougher freer life of the up country came to think of themselves as the Hill People.
Hill People Gear