Hill People Gear | Real Use Gear For Backcountry Travelers
888.464.1875 | info@hillpeoplegear.com Register | Login
Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut ThereGood Campsites Close to Copper Mountain COGood Campsites Close to Copper Mountain CO
Previous

Next
New Post
6/21/2016 11:33 PM

Ill be in the Copper Mountain, Colorado area the weekend of July 8-10 for the Copper Mountain Bluegrass Festival.  Ive never been up there before and Im looking for a good place to camp for the weekend.

My ideal campsite is:  Within a 30 minute drive of Copper Mountain, On National Forest property, Free (or at least cheap) to use, and In a location as concealed and separated from other campers as possible.

I dont need any running water or bathrooms or anything like that; just a private place accessible by car to roll out a bedroll or string up a hammock for the night.

I would greatly appreciate it if some familiar with the area (it appears there are at least a few CO residents on here) would give the names (or GPS coordinates for unnamed places) of some places that would work.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut ThereGood Campsites Close to Copper Mountain COGood Campsites Close to Copper Mountain CO

Edward Curtis Canyon De Chelly
When humans first set foot in a new continent, they came in small groups under their own power, bringing only the gear they needed. Most simply called themselves The People. Over time, those who chose the rougher freer life of the up country came to think of themselves as the Hill People.
Hill People Gear