Hill People Gear | Real Use Gear For Backcountry Travelers
888.464.1875 | info@hillpeoplegear.com Register | Login
Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut ThereGibbs Lake - Ansel Adams WildernessGibbs Lake - Ansel Adams Wilderness
Previous

Next
New Post
8/31/2016 2:04 PM

Did a 3 day trip into the Ansel Adams Wilderness in search of Golden Trout.  Weather was perfect - mid 70's during the day to low 40's at night.  Mosquito hatch of July has died out, leaving only the fish biting.  Notable gear this trip: Luci inflatable solar lanterns, Parachute Adams flies, Prarie Belt/canteen pouch which held FAK/Patagucci level 5 PCU/Nalgene Oasis/collapsible landing net. Tried out baby food pouches for the first time this trip and they really provided a boost in morale and nutrition to have fresh fruits and vegetables for a price in weight.

Sierra Gooseberries - taste like ripe cherry tomatoes

visited the Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest. Some trees were over 4,000 years old

New Post
8/31/2016 3:14 PM

Looks like a great time. Beautiful trout y'all caught. I love my inflatable lantern, but it never seems to make the cut on most trips; always handy during power outages though. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

- J

New Post
8/31/2016 3:34 PM

Damn you man! The golden trout is the one fish I want to catch before they're all gone. Great pics, i'll have to head up there next spring.

New Post
8/31/2016 4:39 PM

That's a heck of a comfortable looking camp!

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
9/6/2016 10:20 AM

Last summer I crossed the AA wilderness on a 10 day hike through it and Yosemite. It is beautiful country with lots to see and plenty of lakes to fish. You are fortunate to be able to spend time in it. We saw fish in almost all the lakes but didn't do any fishing. Loads of fun!

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut ThereGibbs Lake - Ansel Adams WildernessGibbs Lake - Ansel Adams Wilderness

Edward Curtis Canyon De Chelly
When humans first set foot in a new continent, they came in small groups under their own power, bringing only the gear they needed. Most simply called themselves The People. Over time, those who chose the rougher freer life of the up country came to think of themselves as the Hill People.
Hill People Gear