Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralBow hunting gear questionBow hunting gear question
Previous

Next
New Post
7/22/2017 7:01 PM

Dont know how many bow hunters there are on here but I don't follow many forums and this didn't seem to fit on the Ford Ranger forum. I'm looking for a means of carrying my spare arrows while hunting. At this time I don't use a bow mounted quiver and have been looking for alternatives. The only thing close I've found is the Tenzing Sling pack, where you can mount your quiver to the hip belt. I just don't really want/need another pack. I would much rather use the same Tarahuma that I use for everything else. I've been trying to think of ways to use a prairie, brokos belt, or the Tarahuma sleeve to carry a quiver but haven't come up with much. Anyone using something other than a quiver on the bow? Or have any ideas?

New Post
7/22/2017 8:51 PM

You might look at a Rancho Safari CAT Quiver. I would imagine it could be mounted to a Tara.

New Post
7/23/2017 9:00 PM

I've not gotten around to it yet but I've been meaning to try a breaching shotgun scabbard. The ones I have seen have been about the right length and have PALS webbing on them, so it should be fairly easy to gen up an attachment scheme.

New Post
7/25/2017 5:00 PM

Use a Safari tuff quiver. Wear it either over my shoulder, or if I have a pack on I wear it over the pack. Either way it carries just fine. Keeps my feathers dry as well. Simple and versatile.

New Post
7/30/2017 8:09 AM

I also highly recommend the Safari Tuff quiver. 

I use an Arrowmaster, which carries very well with either my Tarahumara pack, or even the Ute with Prairie belt and pouches. 

It's much easier and stealthy to draw the arrows from the bottom. You can also see the points, allowing you to select specific arrows (ex. if you are carrying a mix of small-game points and broadheads). It also works well with shorter arrows (I use mine to carry crossbow arrows, as well as the longer arrows for my recurve bow).

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralBow hunting gear questionBow hunting gear question