Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralSerape Type Jacket for Half Day ExcursionsSerape Type Jacket for Half Day Excursions
Previous

Next
New Post
10/25/2017 7:19 PM

Update: I found an Arcteryx Atom LT in brown for $168 + free shipping, so I decided to try it. I hate to be the guy who's really just asking someone to tell me it's ok to buy what he wants - cause it definitely wasn't the case. I just kept coming back to the Atom LT for weight, size, fit, insulation, color choices etc. I went one size up from my fit size, hoping it can mimic the way my Serape operates. I might be making this up, but it almost seems to me I get a lot of warming power from the Serape from it *not* being close to the body. Almost like there's a little eco system created between it and the heat radiating off my body. I know that insulation uses your body heat to keep you warm, but I wouldn't have predicted an air gap would help even more, or at least just feel awesome. Even when completely stationary, like having a morning coffee on the porch. Maybe I should have gone up two sizes to get that Serape type drape?

I love how there's so many different ways people have approached this challenge. Lot's of solutions I hadn't even heard of. Thanks again for all the ideas and please keep them coming. If the Atom doesn't work out, I'll be back to it.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralSerape Type Jacket for Half Day ExcursionsSerape Type Jacket for Half Day Excursions