Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralHanWag BootsHanWag Boots
Previous

Next
New Post
2/5/2015 10:37 PM

Boots showed up today! Just been wearing them around at work and the house a bit, so far so good. No apparent hot spots I can detect yet. I'll Get some miles in them this weekend even if it's just walking the dog around the hood. They're nice and supportive without the overly stiff feeling. The leather lining is pretty plush, a nice change from gore-tex and synthetic liner materials.

Anyone have a favorite boot waterproofing? I've used Nikwax before and the old timer at the shop sang the praises Aqua-Seal. I'll probably give the Aqua-Seal a go just based on his recommendation but curious what others have had good luck with.

"Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children."

New Post
2/6/2015 6:41 AM

whites boot oil underneath with sno-seal on top

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
2/7/2015 12:45 PM

I dont know if it's available in the USA (it might be), but I bought a product called Biwell in Switzerland, and it worked wonderfully.  I eventually ran out of it, but it worked better than anything I ever got Stateside.  I think it is of Austrian manufacture.http://www.ansco.com.au/Biwell-Leathe...

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
3/12/2018 11:08 PM

I have plantar fasciitis and these shoes help a lot. I still have some heel pain but it's much better than before. I didn't have to my custom orthotics as the Orthofeet shoes come with very comfortable insoles. I am impressed!!!

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralHanWag BootsHanWag Boots