Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralNEW MEMBERSNEW MEMBERS
Previous

Next
New Post
5/14/2018 12:26 PM

NG here, qui-Ya with Prairie Belt on the way, notification listed for Blaze Orange PALS Pocket and Gear Bag V2.

LCB

New Post
6/6/2018 10:19 AM

New Aston House Backcountry owner here. Found out about the Facebook group first, but wanted to introduce myself here as well.

I do a lot of GORUCK events, but found that their rucks, while extremely durable, are also heavier and do not have adequate support for long distance movements. I will still use them for GORUCK challenges due to the abuse heaped upon them (and us), but got the AHBC because I am training for their 50 mi in 20 hour challenges (the one in NYC in November). I knew I needed something versatile yet hardy enough to comfortably carry 30 lbs for the long haul.

Anyway, glad to be the owner of a fantastic set of kit. Thanks to the HPG crew for being amazingly accessible and taking the time to answer us newbies' questions!

New Post
6/10/2018 6:41 PM

Hey folks,

Jay from the Boise, Idaho area here. Not yet a current owner of any hill people gear, but planning to be.

Been backpacking since I was 13; did some volunteer trail work with SAGA in Alaska, and the MCC in Montana. Now that I'm here in wIdaho planning to be a hunter, fisherman, and back country rambler. Also Wanting to through hike the Idaho Centennial Trail someday.

Looking forward to participating on the forums!
Jay

New Post
6/25/2018 10:07 AM

Another FNG here, lurked for a long time and I finally scraped up enough to go with an Original V2 today.

Don't get to spend as much time back country here in East Texas as I did up north but usually get back to the Adirondacks at least once a year in the fall and usually out west too.

The kit bag will probably see most of it's time running, biking and camping but hopefully it will be as useful as I think it will!
I don't spend a ton of time on the forums but check in time to time and have learned some great stuff! Thanks.
Mike

New Post
7/5/2018 5:11 AM

Hi everyone

New member here from the UK, so thought I’d say hello even though I’ve already posted a question on the gear section before I realised this section was here.
I’m a newcomer to HPG after much researching and my current HPG stash includes both a Tarahumara and Ute pack. I’m definitely not new to the outdoors (or packs but that’s another story) and for as long as I can remember I’ve camped and trekked and generally been outside as much as possible.
I must say in the short time with the HPG harness it’s been a revelation over the more conventional harness/suspension system I’ve been used to after being told for many years that the Alpine style pack was the way forward. I’m looking forward to getting involved on here and I’ll apologise in advance for any dumb questions I may ask.

Thanks

New Post
7/21/2018 11:03 AM

Greetings HPG gurus. I have been using Hill People Gear kit since the original Kit Bag with no loop Velcro and no dummy loop in the main compartment. I've never posted here but this forum and the HPG videos have been incredibly valuable to me for skill building and gear recommendations. It can be so hard to find trustworthy, third-party information on gear so it nice to find a like-minded group of people that I can just take at their word when it comes to gear decisions!

For the first time, I find myself with some questions that I haven't been able to find specifically addressed here so I am finally doing more than lurk!

New Post
8/9/2018 10:12 AM

Hey all.
New to the forum - fell in love with HPG after seeing my buddy's Umlindi and kit bag combo. Been building my holistic kit since February.
My wife, 4 boys and I live in the beautiful and wild state of Maine. We run a Outdoor Adventure and Survival School for kids, FoxTrickAdventures.com.

Excited to see how everyone is rigging up their gear.
So far I'm set up with an Umlindi, Recon Belt, bottle holsters (with the nalgenes), kit bag and pals pocket. On the waiting list for a butt pack - haha.

Really impressive quality.

Thanks!

-Kasey

New Post
9/21/2018 7:15 AM

New to this group, old to this life.
66, retired from over 30 years in industrial construction and living in the mountains of southwest Virginia. Moved up here in these mountains to get away from the one animal on this planet I can't legally hunt and kill. My nearest neighbor is over a quarter mile away and that suits me just fine. My wife and I are preppers and not the least bit ashamed of it. Food water, medical supplies, ammunition, firearms and whiskey.

I found this group looking for information about single shot shotguns. After a bit of perusing, me thinks I just might enjoy this. 'Preciate y'all lettin' me join.

Jim

New Post
11/10/2018 2:00 PM

New guy here, currently living in Nova Scotia, Canada. Ex UK forces been admiring the gear for quite some time, borrowed some for a trip across the Cape Breton Highlands in mid winter 2018 and was very impressed. I will be getting some gear of my own soon.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralNEW MEMBERSNEW MEMBERS