Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralLumbar Pack Ideas / QuestionsLumbar Pack Ideas / Questions
Previous

Next
New Post
11/24/2018 4:49 PM

Ok.  So I'm wanting to put together a dedicated lumbar pack for grins and hiking around the mountains here in the winter.  I've got a ton of random MOLLE and other pouches around and was thinking about picking up one of those MOLLE II pack belts that are so super cheap right now.  Throw on a buttpack and a couple canteen pouches and a HPG suspension. 

I've never handled one of the MOLLE II belts  -  does anyone know if it'd work ok for this idea?  I can pick up a new, new-gen MOLLE pack frame for $10 or so too, so I'm tempted to pick one of those up at the same time to screw around with. 

I'd just use my belt from my Ute, but I don't want to take it off and put it back on all the time.

Would I be better off getting a dedicated lumbar pack?  I assume so, but I don't want to spend a bunch of money on this project, and I can get a new belt and pack for like $20 and I have everything else I need just sitting around.

So, comments?  Ideas?

New Post
Yesterday @ 8:06 AM

I'd recommend getting the HPG M2016. It's a very versatile bag - you could use it as a stand-alone sling bag, throw it on the belt from your Ute (I'm assuming it's a Prairie or Recon?) and use it as a top lid on your Ute.

I have the Recon Belt and I use it on my Umlindi. It pops on and off in seconds.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralLumbar Pack Ideas / QuestionsLumbar Pack Ideas / Questions