Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralHey Evan...4 Runner mods?Hey Evan...4 Runner mods?
Previous

Next
New Post
3/17/2019 2:33 PM

Just curious what you have instore for or have completed on your 4Runner ( I'm guessing thats the vehicle in your last video).

~Jason

New Post
3/26/2019 5:48 PM

BFG AT KO2s - years of service across multiple rigs have proven these to be an outstanding all around tire choice. just put them on today and they're already so much better than the discount tire brand ATs that were on it.

Rear Suspension - Icon "overland" springs with toytec boss shocks. This is in place and simply outstanding. The front end is still the stock coilovers on pucks. Surprisingly good combination, but the front end will eventually get the matching toytec boss coilovers.

For now I'm using the stock roof rack with 2 extra stock crossbars. It's much better than the rack on many vehicles -- the feet are cast metal and the cross bars are aluminum. Plenty stout for the few things I always have up there. Eventually I'll probably put a full length roof rack on it for the extra real estate. I like the idea of burst capacity.

I've never wanted to or needed skid plates on a vehicle but I'm putting a front aluminum plate on it mainly because what is there right now is plastic and it's going to get torn off pushing through sagebrush.

Probably a southern style bumper with hi-lift mounted horizontally on the front to pick up some extra front end protection. I like some semblance of metal protection on front and this thing is 100% plastic. I could wait to damage it (which could never happen) and then add some metal then.

The 4 runner doesn't need much to be fully capable. Not even as much as I'm planning. Maybe when I get time I'll do a longer post of my impressions on this versus my Cherokee which I drove for just under 20 years.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
4/17/2019 7:13 PM

*sigh* I wish I could say I like my Icons, but I really like Kings more. On my next rebuild, I'll give ICON one last shot and get them upgraded with the CDV adjusters. But I sorta feel like I should just drop them and move to King and get LT.

Kinda sucks to deal w/ washboard. King feels a lot better and there are fewer issues with shaft pitting on them.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralHey Evan...4 Runner mods?Hey Evan...4 Runner mods?