Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGASTON HOUSE BACKCOUNTRYASTON HOUSE BACKCOUNTRY
Previous

Next
New Post
6/6/2018 10:00 AM

For your Recce, I would have it protrude the 4" out the top, and leave the bottom zipped, but that is just me. You are just going to have to experiment with your packing to see how the weight carries both ways, and now to pack around the gun so to speak. I think that it will be able to slide in and out with the muzzle down, but that is going to depend in large part on your setup too. The more protuberances the harder it is going to be to slide in and out easily especially with other stuff packed around the gun.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
7/2/2018 10:12 PM

I think I have the load lifters pulled incorrectly, is there a video on how to 'fit' this pack with a belt?

New Post
7/6/2018 7:32 AM

Question for the AHBC owners, anyone use it as carryon? Have some traveling coming up and the comfort of the AHBC makes me want to take it, just curious how it was for carryon.

New Post
7/6/2018 7:50 AM

Kurt-TX wrote:
I think I have the load lifters pulled incorrectly, is there a video on how to 'fit' this pack with a belt?

Just to clarify you mean the load lifters at the top of the pack and not the delta straps that go from the sides of the pack to the belt?  If it is the former then this video should help you out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GxIY5PcnXQ

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
7/6/2018 7:52 AM

Vette114 wrote:
Question for the AHBC owners, anyone use it as carryon? Have some traveling coming up and the comfort of the AHBC makes me want to take it, just curious how it was for carryon.

The Aston House was designed as a business travel pack. Until I slowed down last year the production sample was used at least once a week for travel since we got it.  I my opinion it excels for that, because that is what it was designed for really.  As the AHBC has the same dimensions it should work fine. I know of one guy who has been hopping planes it seems like every other day with the AHBC and he loves it.

New Post
7/6/2018 8:01 AM

Rgr that, thanks for the quick response!

New Post
7/13/2018 10:42 PM

This pack is at the top of my list. Anyone have any loadout pictures? Trying to gauge if it will work for my overnight setup

New Post
9/20/2018 12:57 PM

I'm thinking that if there was some sort of a sheath for the gun to slide in an out of then you would limit the some of the potential hang ups of packing around it.

I've done the same with a laptop and laptop sleeve out of the top zip.

For something like a gun that will rest on the bottom of the bag you could probably use one of those foam dividers with a strip of velcro hook on either end and bow it a bit to make a little pocket.  Or repurpose a soft sided foam gun case.  Both would take up space but could offer much easier usage.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGASTON HOUSE BACKCOUNTRYASTON HOUSE BACKCOUNTRY