Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGUmlindi belt issueUmlindi belt issue
Previous

Next
New Post
7/3/2019 3:19 PM

I am having an issue with the recon belt mating up to my umlindi.  every thing closes but the upper tab on the lindi does not lay flat.  while not a issue at first it starts to rub after wearing the pack for a short time.  and tricks to fix this?  I can try to get a picture. 

Also any specific information on how to  adjust the shorter stay on the lindi?

New Post
7/4/2019 5:56 AM

For stay information check this out: https://hillpeoplegear.com/packfitment

As far as the flap, are you putting the belt on when the pack is empty or full? Typically what you are describing is the result of over compression of the bottom straps or even side straps causing rounding. It is more pronounced when you put the belt on a pack that is already tight as a drum. It might also be that the stay has to much lumbar curve for you.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
7/4/2019 2:54 PM

Sorry I just realized I typed top flap

i meant to say where the bottom flap closes over the top. The seam where the hypalon is at the top pokes toward my back. 

I put the belt on with the pack empty and delta straps unhooked. 

Trying to post images now

New Post
7/4/2019 3:02 PM

image 1

New Post
7/4/2019 5:40 PM

The flap is as tight as can get it. at first I thought this was a break-in issue, but it has not improved.  Granted I have had limited time to use it.   it is not too bad with multiple layers etc. but in tee shirt weather it rubs with very little weight. 

I have tried to lay a light weight on it to get it to fold the other way, but no luck. 

any other tips??

New Post
7/5/2019 12:24 PM

Those pictures are with an empty pack?

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
7/6/2019 9:50 AM

Yes

New Post
7/6/2019 10:42 AM

Looks like the dimensions are off as it should lay flatter than that when empty. Please email us at info@hillpeoplegear.com and we will get you sorted out.

New Post
7/8/2019 3:14 PM

Email sent. quick question do you think the belt flap or the belt itself is out of dimension?

New Post
7/8/2019 3:16 PM

The flap most likely.

New Post
7/8/2019 3:24 PM

I guess I could test the belt on my m2016 butt pack. I have been using it as top flap and shoulder bag (trunk bag). I do not think I have ever belt mounted it to this belt.

New Post
7/19/2019 2:38 PM

Scott and team,

Big thanks for helping me sort this out. Great service!

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGUmlindi belt issueUmlindi belt issue