Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGConvert Runner's Kit Bag to a waist packConvert Runner's Kit Bag to a waist pack
Previous

Next
New Post
8/16/2019 1:20 PM

I'm looking at purchasing a Runner's Kit Bag to carry a pistol (Shield or G19) and a few other EDC type items. The majority of the time, I would be using the bag on runs/hikes/backpacking where I'm not wearing my normal pants/belt/IWB holster.  

I am concerned about wearing a Runner's Kit Bag out in public before or after outdoor activities.  I realize this is better than say, a chest mounted kydex holster, but chest mounted anything is just not a popular way to carry things. Fanny packs (at least in Colorado) seem to be coming back in popularity and I would much prefer that in public (Colorado Springs, CO). 

In the event I am out on a hike/run and then stop at a restaurant/mall, would it be possible to convert the Runner's Kit Bag to sit at waistband level on the fly? 

I don't want to leave the pistol/pack in my vehicle unattended, and I don't want to be transitioning a pistol from pack to an IWB holster in my vehicle.  Hopefully this gives some context. Thanks in advance! 

New Post
8/19/2019 8:38 AM

Is it possible, yes, but it is going to be a lot more work than just transitioning to IWB in your vehicle. Basically, you would have to unthread the harness, and then thread on a couple of pieces of webbing with a clip. Alternatively, you could just carry it as a shoulder bag using the harness as the strap. Some folks will clip in a shoulder strap to the grimlocks and let the harness hang, or remove it, if they are using it longer term as a shoulder bag.

Any particular reason you don't want to switch in the car to IWB?

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
8/25/2019 2:07 PM

As far as your backpacking scenario, I have taken the harness off of my kit bag and put the shoulder strap from the HPG butt pack on the side buckles of the KB. When wearing my pack the KB hangs from the lifter straps attached to the harness and the shoulder strap goes around my back, under the pack and keeps the KB from bouncing as I walk, Unattached from the pack, the KB and shoulder strap make a very workable waist pack. I am a smaller framed guy so the Snubby KB works well for me in this setup.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGConvert Runner's Kit Bag to a waist packConvert Runner's Kit Bag to a waist pack