In the front piocket, I carry the following:
- Whistle and streamlight Nano Light - tied in.
- small pen
- swiss army knife
- small bag containing very basic fire and first aid and navigation:
- 3 - 1 x 1 inch inner tube squares
- small BIC lighter
- button compass
- small container of ibuprofen and benadryl
In the middle pocket, I carry the following:
- One Clif bar
- small wallet with drivers license, CWP, medical card and credit card
- spare magazine
In the gun compartment, I carry my Sig P365XL, which I find perfect for this application.
I use my kit bag primarily for bicycle riding. Everything from day trips to multi day excursions. The whole thing weighs 3lbs, 6oz. It did take a few rides to get used to the weight on my shoulders, but that passed fairly quickly. I carry a more extensive first aid kit / fire kit / nav kit on my bike, but I wanted a minimal kit with me at all times while off the bike. Also, worst case scenario, if I fall down a hill and get separated from my bike, I want some signaling capbility, fire making capbility, etc. I also wanted my fiream on my person at all times, on, or off the bike. The kitbag is perfect for this.