Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGSAR Kit Bag, V.3: Radio pouches/attachment?SAR Kit Bag, V.3: Radio pouches/attachment?
Previous

Next
New Post
5/30/2019 12:14 AM

I'm considering upgrading to the V.3 SAR Kit Bag and was wondering what make/model of radio pouch(es) others are running.  I run a Baofeng BF-F8HP for SAR ops and training and would like to carry it externally on a proven platform.

Thanks,

Pat

New Post
5/30/2019 6:41 AM

I've got a Maxpedition RDP that should be arriving today or tomorrow. I have a UV-5R, but I liked the pouch because it seemed so adjustable.

I'll throw up some photos in the next day or two. Either in this thread or the reference thread I started.

New Post
5/30/2019 3:25 PM

Photos with the RDP:

http://imgur.com/gallery/LWyBuIt

New Post
9/18/2019 10:40 PM

Tomcfitz,
My sincere apologies for not responding sooner. Thanks for the photos, I have the SAR Kit Bag now. Are you able to access the controls through the pouch? It looks fairly restrictive, with limited access to knobs and buttons. I've been considering using simple shock cord through the MOLLE loops and around the radio for easier access to controls. It would be crude, but might be very effective in most conditions.

Best,
Pat

New Post
9/19/2019 1:50 PM

I wonder if a rectangular patch of loop would be secure enough, posibly combined with your shock cord idea. That is how I have my VX-7R mounted on my TaraInsert. I did not like the radio pouch for the very reason stated above. I could not get to any of the controls. However, the radio is inside the pack and cinched down with compression straps. I may try it and see on my V1 OKB.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGSAR Kit Bag, V.3: Radio pouches/attachment?SAR Kit Bag, V.3: Radio pouches/attachment?