Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGFS Wind Cheater (with an HPG version underway)FS Wind Cheater (with an HPG version underway)
Previous

Next
New Post
3/8/2015 12:20 PM

Great info re: the pants. I'm going to check all those out and hopefully try some of the Kuhl on as they are sold at a local outfitter here in town. I also appreciate the suggestion because I know you guys put them through the ringer and wouldn't suggest items that would fail after hard use.

New Post
3/8/2015 12:27 PM

bc99 wrote:
Great info re: the pants. I'm going to check all those out and hopefully try some of the Kuhl on as they are sold at a local outfitter here in town. I also appreciate the suggestion because I know you guys put them through the ringer and wouldn't suggest items that would fail after hard use.

Please keep us posted on what you find out. I'm on the hunt for pants, too.

New Post
3/8/2015 6:41 PM

Both jackets will have pit zips. We don't have any clue on pricing for the Parka yet, but the WC should be around the same price as the FS one or 170.00.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
3/8/2015 6:54 PM

Awesome. Sounds good.

New Post
5/8/2015 1:51 PM

When will it be available?

New Post
5/8/2015 3:50 PM

We don't have a timeline at this point, sorry. Every morning I see Evan in his, which is most mornings I want one anew so you are not the only one with anticipation built up.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
5/8/2015 4:33 PM

You can say THAT again!  I have been waiting for either one...the HPG version or the First Spear version...to be available for purchase.  I've been looking at the weather I will have in Colombia next week.  Cool in the evenings in Bogota, and chances of rain, so I would want a decent shell that also offers a bit of warmth.  Then...out in the jungle....hot & humid (high 80s-low 90s) with thunderstorms and periods of heavy rain....so I would want an ultralight shell.  The new Wind Cheater would probably handle both, but since it isn't yet available, I will end up taking a Patagonia MARS Dimension for Bogota and a WIld Things Tactical Hooded Windshirt for the jungle.

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
5/9/2015 8:36 AM

I'm new hear and already infected with the HPG illness OKB, Umlindi, PB & pouches. Can someone clarify for me, is the Mountain Parka the "Serape" or is this a whole other item in addition to the Serape & Wind Cheater that I will eventually own?

New Post
5/9/2015 9:03 AM

Hi Jester,

The Mountain Parka is the coat in this photo:

The Mountain Parka, Wind Cheater and Serape are all bits of awesomeness that will inevitably lead to my financial ruin.

New Post
5/9/2015 12:30 PM

360joules,

Thanks for your reply and I feel your pain!!!!!!! I have a feeling I will end up owning one of everything on the menu. 

New Post
5/11/2015 6:45 PM

How about those of us at 6'3" and a 54 inch chest. I wear a 3XL/Long Patagonia PCU Level 4 Windshirt and I would love to have something a bit more....heavy. Although I gotta say the PCU with a light merino wool shirt and a moisture transfer tshirt does pretty good until you get to about 38 degrees if you are moving.

New Post
5/12/2015 10:00 AM

This has probably been discussed but I didn't see any discussion of color options for the MP or WC. I am interested particularly in the WC. I would likely be using it in central California in the cooler seasons. I need some sort of green color for work. Is the WC going to be available in Ranger or Foliage or some sort of green? Thanks!

New Post
5/12/2015 4:51 PM

Craig, color availability is still up in the air.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
6/18/2015 9:22 PM

Any decision on release date?

New Post
6/23/2015 12:26 PM

not a question of decision... waiting on the factory's timeline. haven't even seen the production sample yet.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
6/25/2015 5:49 PM

"No comment necessary on that one. We're going to use true (or what Filson calls "Alaska Fit") sizing -- order your t-shirt size and you'll have a garment properly sized for outdoor use. If you want something "fitted" or "athletic" or "compression" or "Seattle fit" to impress your buddies, chances are that you're not reading this forum or buying gear from us anyway."

This is fantastic! Especially from someone that has been to Seattle to many times... haha

I can't wait to see this come out!

New Post
7/3/2015 12:33 PM

Sure hoping I have one before elk season ;-)

New Post
7/28/2015 7:42 PM

Saw the pic on FB...when's the release?

New Post
8/5/2015 2:01 PM

All we have is a correct production sample and no timeline beyond that. This whole thing is hamstrung by the same garment production problems that First Spear has had since the beginning. Supposedly solved now, but we'll see.

New Post
8/9/2015 1:36 PM

really digging the pocket arrangement. looks like no zippers on the hand entry? loving it.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGFS Wind Cheater (with an HPG version underway)FS Wind Cheater (with an HPG version underway)