Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGOptimizing the ConnorOptimizing the Connor
Previous

Next
New Post
8/19/2018 6:11 AM

Good evening, hope all is well and that a great weekend was had by all.

Question time: Optimzing the Connor as a pack, travelling, short hikes and general stuff...

1) How and what do you you use the Hepalon wings for for?

2) What is your max weight that you will carry in it?

3) Is there anywhere instructions to set up properly the harness system, I saw a video showing it on a pocket but not the Connor, this is my biggest Question, help please on setting it up, Im a big guy 1.83m / 110kg.

Thanks all for the input.

New Post
8/20/2018 11:19 AM

The wings are for better compression, but I think you are asking about the slots? In that case it is pretty much whatever you want. I have carried magazines, tourniquets, note cards, etc... in Blue Force Gear 10speeds on the inside of the wings, and on the outside I have carried water bottles. Some folks bungie on their poles or strap on their tripod.

Personally, I like to have a belt if am carrying over 15-20lbs, so that is kind of my limit for the pack. Some folks have different thresholds. That being said really the more weight you carry shoulder only the more likely you are to damage your lower back.

This video should help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GxIY5PcnXQ

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
8/22/2018 7:11 PM

Thank you for the reply - much appreciated.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGOptimizing the ConnorOptimizing the Connor