Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGHPG Field KnifeHPG Field Knife
Previous

Next
New Post
10/31/2018 9:09 PM

I see Scot and Evan have dropped a field knife on the Face Book page.
It looks to be an ideally sized and shaped knife. Blade thickness is correct. It possesses nearly the exact characteristics I would spec out for a field knife.

Steel is not known, nor is price or maker.

I am not sure it matters- I trust the Hill brothers on such things, and will buy one of these when they go live with it.

New Post
11/1/2018 4:24 PM

Any details, pictures etc. for us folks not on Facebook?

Thanks.

New Post
11/1/2018 4:42 PM

Agreed!

New Post
11/1/2018 4:48 PM

I apologize that we haven't gotten them up yet, and didn't start the thread. Between me getting ready to head to the East Coast/Southeast for three events over the next two weeks, and getting ready for the grand opening of our store here in Grand Junction we have been slammed the last couple of weeks. We will try to get specs and picture or two up in the next couple of days.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
11/1/2018 4:53 PM

Are you guys having ESEE make them?

New Post
11/1/2018 4:55 PM

Lets see if linking to the FB cdn works...

New Post
11/1/2018 4:56 PM

New Post
11/1/2018 5:20 PM

Thank you! 

Esee going to produce this?

Regardless I am in for 1!

New Post
11/1/2018 5:34 PM

We are not disclosing the maker at this point. We also don't know pricing yet, or when it will hit the market. The overall length is 8.25", with 3.5" cutting edge. It will be 1/8" thick, sabre grind with a 17 degree final edge. The handle will be 5/8" think and nicely contoured. We designed it with everyday use and carry and not specifically bqck country use. Sheath will likely be kydex or similar with two snap loops.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
11/1/2018 5:49 PM

Should be a heck of a EDC kind of Blade.

No way for a 4" blade? 

New Post
11/1/2018 6:14 PM

Looks nice!

New Post
11/2/2018 3:34 AM

I don't know...that spine doesn't look 90 degrees..kind of useless then ;)

New Post
11/2/2018 7:01 AM

CollinAshmore wrote:
I don't know...that spine doesn't look 90 degrees..kind of useless then ;)

That made me laugh hard enough to spit my tea!

New Post
11/2/2018 7:19 AM

Thanks chorpie.

I see a relieved area between the blade and the scales near the lanyard hole. What is that for?

New Post
11/2/2018 9:31 AM

Are you talking about the relief for the gimping?

New Post
11/2/2018 11:26 AM

Yes. The top rear of the knife in the fourth picture down.

New Post
11/2/2018 1:24 PM

In that case it provides relief around the jimping. :)

New Post
11/4/2018 10:42 AM

Is the blade treated or coated with something? Or is it bead blasted or stone tumbled?

New Post
11/5/2018 8:11 AM

Just saw the pix; Oh Snap!  Another EDC blade I don't need...I'm in, pls!  

New Post
11/5/2018 9:29 PM

The blade looks like it's coated.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGHPG Field KnifeHPG Field Knife