Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGPutting it all together Putting it all together
Previous

Next
New Post
8/20/2019 9:43 AM

Hi, I have just purchased some hill people gear and was looking for advice on how to put it all together. 

I have purchased the prairie belt, Tara pack, and recon chest pouch. My order came with a small bag with a couple of straps and clips.  I also have the mid belt pouch and but pack  

Any advice on how it all connects together would be great. Pics of how clips together or video would even be better 

Thanks in advance 

New Post
8/20/2019 8:52 PM

I also have a water bottle pouch and mid size pouch. How does that go onto the prairie belt?

New Post
8/21/2019 4:27 PM

Soldier506,

Take a look at this thread. Might have some videos that will help you and maybe questions you haven't asked yet.
https://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Forum/forumid/22/threadid/17792/scope/posts

I am going out on a limb here but some extra straps with a c-clip would be for prairie belt hypalon attachment going to the lumbar straps of a pack. The grimloc plastic buckles. Another "C" shape are load lifters to attach the chest pouch to a main backpack to reduce some of the load on the recon pouch. Not sure of the extras for the tara since I don't have one yet.
Welcome to the club....

New Post
8/21/2019 4:41 PM

The extra buckles and straps come with the Prairie Belt, and as Elk Chaser mentioned are lumbar straps for larger packs.

To mount the medium pouch to the belt you will need to weave the molle strap on the back (sewn on) through the slots on the belt and pouch, alternating, and then tuck the end back into the bottom slot on the pocket.

To mount the butt pack on the belt, undo the flap on the rear of the butt pack. Place the belt at the bottom of the open area and then fold the flaps back over the belt to capture it. Then hook the to straps on the sides of the butt pack to the belt.

For the water bottle pouch, see the directions and photos on the bottom right of this page: https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/7/ProductID/27

For the Kit Bag and Tara, you just put the Kit Bag on first and then the pack over it. Since you have the Recon it didn't come with load lifters so you won't attach them together. Think of the kit bag as your base layer you are always wearing and the Tara as your outer layer you only put on when you need it.

Let us know if you need clarification.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
8/25/2019 12:55 PM

So, managed to put it all together. Ended up using carbiniers to join the Tara pack and prairie belt. Now just got to figure out best way to place my knife on the belt. I took a pic on my cell but don't know how to add pic here. Grr
Thanks for the help

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGPutting it all together Putting it all together