Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGAdding molle to the bottom of a kit bagAdding molle to the bottom of a kit bag
Previous

Next
New Post
9/12/2019 11:18 AM

or more specifically 'adding webbing in the pattern of molle'.

What is the best way to do this?  I'm looking at my new 'Snubby Kit Bag - Original Pattern' aka Snubby Kit Bag Pro (hey, that's what the inside label inside), at the bottom and would like to add three webs; a center web, then one web to each side, in the form of molle spacing. 

My plan is to add a Maxpedition cocoon to the bottom of the bag.  Since it is molle pattern then anything else could be mounted as well (vs sewing the cocoon direct to the kit bag)

I've done this before, with the Heavy Recon Bag, which already has molle loops on the bottom. But the HRB was too large for me, sold it.

A somewhat more destructive idea, yet potentially stronger, is to adhere a long piece of webbing to the bottom and burn through the material, creating slits that mimic the pattern of molle (think 6/12 molle).  This eliminates sewing altogether but can potentially be uglier, and having done it with one other piece of gear, where it worked well fortunately lol, it is most certainly 'permanent'.

Thanks for any input.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGAdding molle to the bottom of a kit bagAdding molle to the bottom of a kit bag