Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralQuality Hard-Use Winter Backcountry GlovesQuality Hard-Use Winter Backcountry Gloves
Previous

Next
New Post
1/2/2017 8:55 AM

Just in the off chance it helps anyone...

I used Sno-seal, and they did stay somewhat stiff, softened just a bit. But, they softened much less than the leather gloves I used Obenauf's on. For these, I don't know why, but I like that they are a bit stiffer.

I baked int two coats of Sno-seal. Slathered them in it and then placed them in the oven at 170 for 10 mins each time, turning them at 5 minutes each time. Afterwards I gave them 3 coats of Obenauf's Watershield, which applies with a spray and dries quickly. About an hour between coats of that.

New Post
3/31/2017 6:49 PM

Which Obenauf product did you use? I want to treat my gloves to soften the leather. Amazon has boot preservative and leather oil. Thanks and I cannot speak enough to the great quality of these gloves but I did go direct to the Churchhill website to get the gloves I ordered. 

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralQuality Hard-Use Winter Backcountry GlovesQuality Hard-Use Winter Backcountry Gloves