Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralRecon Harness Hydration SetupRecon Harness Hydration Setup
Previous

Next
New Post
6/30/2017 6:35 PM

What size/make hydration system are those with a recon harness using? 

I'm looking to add the harness to my snubby kb for carrying more water when mountain biking. 

Thanks!

New Post
7/1/2017 7:36 AM

vaspence wrote:

What size/make hydration system are those with a recon harness using? 

I'm looking to add the harness to my snubby kb for carrying more water when mountain biking. 

Thanks!

I'm using a Source Hydration 3 liter.  Most of the time I don't fill it up all the way....maybe 2/3 or 3/4 full.  Seems to work pretty good for me and the models from The Source Hydration are about the only ones that I haven't had leakage problems from.  Here's the model I am running in mine:  https://sourcetacticalgear.com/tactic...torm-valve.html

I also have one of these, which allows me to fill the bladder from a tap or small opening bottle without having to remove it from the slot on my Recon Harness:  https://sourcetacticalgear.com/hydrat...on-adapter.html

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
7/1/2017 9:08 PM

Thanks!

New Post
7/2/2017 8:09 PM

I also use a Source Tactical bladder as well; most of my outings are in water rich environs, so the 1 liter gets the call most often

I like the 1 liter as it gives me room for some shelter bits underneath the bladder

New Post
7/8/2017 11:55 AM

I am using a Platapus 3L Hoser bladder. I rarely fill it with more than 1.5 liters for mountain biking, as I live in the mountains, there's water everywhere, and I carry a filter. I am happy with the functionality of the whole set up.

New Post
8/8/2017 8:57 PM

I owe this thread an update and apologize for no pics. I heeded the recommendation and tried the Source bladders. I have a 50oz that came in an Eagle insulated sleeve and fits perfectly in the recon harness. I also bought a couple of the 3 liters but haven't used them in the recon harness yet. It had been very hot & humid here until the last week or two so I've just been using a 3 liter Source in a small Eagle hydration pack. All of this is when riding mountain/gravel bikes.

I also really like the ability to fill the Source with the adaptor. Thanks for the advice and I'll post some pics soon.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralRecon Harness Hydration SetupRecon Harness Hydration Setup