Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralBracing for the HurricaneBracing for the Hurricane
Previous

Next
New Post
9/8/2017 10:12 AM

Dear All at HPG, especially those US brothers and sisters in the Southern States

Please know that those of us in The Great White North have you in our thoughts and prayers.  Stay safe.

Craig

New Post
9/22/2017 8:34 PM

We made it through Harvey OK. Eight inches of water in the main part of the house was certainly a mess, and being kept on 24-hour shifts, and therefore unable to clean up anything at home for almost a week, made it a worse mess. Our house had stayed dry during the 36" of rain dumped by then-historic, slow-moving Allison in 2001, but Harvey set a new historic precedent, 48" to 50" of rain.

My sister-in-law was at home, and I was able to talk her through the combination of the gun safe, over the phone, so the rifles were rescued before the water reached the safe door. Three handguns outside the safe were less fortunate.

I keep things in perspective; people personally known to me had four to five feet of water in their homes, and lost much more.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralBracing for the HurricaneBracing for the Hurricane