Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralWinter water purifcation whats your choice?Winter water purifcation whats your choice?
Previous

Next
New Post
12/14/2017 8:55 PM

Given that most water filters , sawyer , renovo , msr etc cannot have thier fibers frozen. What are you guys using. besides boiling and tablets ?

New Post
12/15/2017 3:51 PM

Just make sure that they are pumped dry and if really worried, store them with all your "intermediate warmth" stuff at night. In my case, that's the stuff between my sleeping bag and Mountain Serape overbag. Purification is less a problem than procurement in the winter. Melting snow is a long, fuel intensive, process. I will carry a larger container in the winter suitable for that task. It's best to break through ice to get to running water underneath if you can. I've never had a cracked filter in sub freezing temps by being careful to pump all of the water out.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralWinter water purifcation whats your choice?Winter water purifcation whats your choice?