Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralLightweight, Packable Trangia Pot StandLightweight, Packable Trangia Pot Stand
Previous

Next
New Post
4/16/2019 10:29 AM

I know a lot of you use Trangia Spirit Burners. I've been using one for a while now and I wasn't at all happy with any of the pot stands I tried. They were either too bulky for such a compact stove, spaced too wide for smaller cook pots, or placed the pot too close to the jets which seemed to hamper efficiency.

A friend of mine uses and recommended the Evernew Cross Stand which is just an "x" shaped stand that sits directly on the burner. I tried his but it was too low on the Trangia (the Evernew stoves have a ring of lower jets so I assume it is engineered for their stoves). Then I found out that Evernew actually makes two versions of the Cross Stand. The Cross Stand 2 is similar in that it is an "X" shaped stand that sits on the burner itself but it sits up on legs so that the top of the stand is about 1" above the jets which seems just about perfect.

The stand weighs less than an ounce, works with small pots, seems sturdy, packs flat, cools quickly, and works well with a simple foil wind screen.

New Post
7/6/2019 6:59 AM

Old thread I know, but just found it. Thanks for sharing.

I use my Trangia in conjunction with a Littlebug Jr. stove and really like the combo as it gives me fuel options. However, I don't like messing with the chains on the Littlebug Jr when I heat with the Trangia. Going to check this stand out.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralLightweight, Packable Trangia Pot StandLightweight, Packable Trangia Pot Stand