Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralA downer but necessaryA downer but necessary
Previous

Next
New Post
9/5/2019 6:29 PM

This subject is a real bring down but a necessary reminder to everyone. My sister recently died of breast cancer at 67. She neglected her screenings and ignored signs. Everyone (male and female) do not ignore signs or skip necessary tests/screenings. Men, urge the women in your lives to get their mamograms and follow up ANYTHING.  Men do the same for yourselves. Cancer is a terrible but preventable/treatable disease. Stand with your loved ones and keep this from them. Sorry for the rant!

New Post
9/6/2019 6:51 PM

Sorry for the loss of your sister Snakey.  I get my PSA checked every year.  Mine went from 1.5 to 2.0 and I went to see a urologist.  He said my prostate felt normal, let's just continue with routine check ups.  I started reading that many men have sub optimal intake of selenium and that will elevate your PSA.  Did some more reading and found that Brazil nuts are the single best source of selenium.  Two brazil nuts daily give you all your need.  Been eating them daily for months.  Last checkup my PSA had dropped back to 1.5.  You are your own single best advocate for your own health.

New Post
9/8/2019 10:13 AM

TAK I agree about self-advocacy, being proactive and acting on advice of your doctor. All of these things can prevent or mitigate the effects of diseases thatt were previously a death sentence. My sister will be missed but hopefully other may hve their lives extended and not leave the void that the loss of a loved one brings.

New Post
9/8/2019 2:53 PM

Sorry to hear about your sister. Hope your family can take the time to share stories. Thanks for the reminder.

New Post
9/8/2019 8:15 PM

Snake3,
Sad news. Great of you to share the awareness(and reminder); a heartfelt tribute to your sister. No rant; caring is how you are coming across(no need to apologize for caring...).
Keep on keepin' on.
Best regards,
112Papa

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralA downer but necessaryA downer but necessary