Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralKen-Ranger Canteen UpdatesKen-Ranger Canteen Updates
Previous

Next
New Post
4/18/2017 1:27 PM

Ken, Just wondering if you have any updates on those Ranger Canteens you were testing??

New Post
4/18/2017 2:16 PM

Lab-Roamer wrote:

Ken, Just wondering if you have any updates on those Ranger Canteens you were testing??

Sadly, I do not.  I know my buddy that owns the company was working through the process to get the military to buy them and also for a US factory.  They are still available at rangercanteen.com in their current form.  I like mine a heckuva lot.

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
4/18/2017 6:05 PM

I tried ordering 2, no luck.

New Post
4/18/2017 6:57 PM

Lab-Roamer wrote:

I tried ordering 2, no luck.

Yep...you are exactly correct.  I tried to do the same thing.  I'll get into contact with my buddy ASAP to find out what the problem is.  Stand by...I will get answers.

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
4/18/2017 7:20 PM

Just got in touch with my buddy that makes the canteens.  He is currently in the process of getting all production moved to Tampa, Florida.  It's going to take about 60 days to get everything up and running again.  Once things are US based and rolling, he is going to launch a brand new website, along with availability to purchase...which will become USA made models.  I also let him know that many folks would like to see a 1.5 quart model, as well.  He apologized for the inconvenience to potential customers, and isn't sure why the current website won't allow purchase of existing stock.  At any rate, it is probably best to get USA made models, once available.  I'll post up as soon as I catch wind that the new website is ready.

New Post
4/19/2017 4:32 AM

Thanks Ken, keep us updated.

Just to confirm. These are the same thread pattern as a Nalgene bottle.?

Thanks again

New Post
4/19/2017 5:39 AM

Lab-Roamer wrote:
Thanks Ken, keep us updated.

Just to confirm. These are the same thread pattern as a Nalgene bottle.?

Thanks again

Yes....they are the same.

New Post
4/27/2017 9:40 AM

Thanks for the update.

New Post
4/27/2017 1:13 PM

Any pictures? Since their site has been in maintenance mode for a while...

New Post
4/30/2017 5:31 AM

I forget what thread, but Ken has pictures of them(maybe Africa load-out or something like that). Basically a GI canteen with Nalgene Bottle threads. I can't believe it's taken somebody this long to come out with one.
Hope this helps

New Post
4/30/2017 8:45 AM

Here are some images I pulled from a Google search.  

New Post
5/3/2017 9:23 PM

alpendrms wrote:

Here are some images I pulled from a Google search.  

WHAT!?! I first saw a canteen like this back in Feb 2002 while in cold weather survival training and have been looking for one ever since! Wow, it's about time someone makes these. I've even asked Nalgene to consider making an Oasis with a wide mouth. 

New Post
5/4/2017 4:13 PM

Ken,

Do these fit in the HPG canteen holders? My assumption is yes, but confirmation would be good.

New Post
5/5/2017 5:12 AM

Elk Chaser60 wrote:

Ken,

Do these fit in the HPG canteen holders? My assumption is yes, but confirmation would be good.

Yes.

New Post
7/30/2017 4:21 PM

Ken
Sorry to keep nagging you about these, but do you have any updates on these?
Thanks again
L-R

New Post
7/30/2017 9:53 PM

First time seeing this thread. I had to do my own google search to find the pics. I think I need some of these.

Would love it if they were also made in the ultralight white nalgene material, but I won't be too choosy. :)

New Post
7/31/2017 5:22 AM

I just recently got an update from my buddy that owns the Ranger Canteen company.  He just finished sorting out a deal for a US company to manufacturer them.....all 100% USA made.  He should be up and running in a month.  He plans to do an initial run of 2000 canteens.  I hit him up about eventually producing a 1.5 quart version, which would have the same shape as the 1 quart, but maybe a wee bit taller.  If all goes well with his initial run, he'll likely get those made.  I am fairly certain he will sell out that initial 2000 pretty quick, because there has been quite a bit of interest in them here on the Forum, as well as folks I've run into while carrying them.  Hang in there, folks!  I'll make sure to get word out about them as soon as I know he is ready for orders.

New Post
7/31/2017 4:06 PM

Thanks for the update Ken, I know I"ll be ordering two right away.

New Post
7/31/2017 6:04 PM

Very good to hear. I'm sure a lot of interest here from the "I love the canteen shape but need the nalgene lid" crew. I bet we will put a dent in his initial run of inventory!

New Post
8/1/2017 1:31 PM

Standing by to throw money his way!

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralKen-Ranger Canteen UpdatesKen-Ranger Canteen Updates