Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralHanwag bootsHanwag boots
Previous

Next
New Post
9/21/2017 2:40 PM

In particular the hanwag Yukon . Anyone have any feedback on these boots ? I know I don't want or need goretex in a boot . I'm not going to be in snow or a super wet environment .

New Post
9/22/2017 1:19 PM

No experience with the Yukon. Have been using Alaska. Wide (EE) size 12-13. Hanwag boot is an OCD quality teutonic product . Stitching lining etc.... Made in the EU. I use German made ones . Couple of the guys have the same model made in Croatia. No quality issue. Customer service is awesome.
Footwear is individual. My feet have been frost bitten and broken .... beat to crap mess. I walk like a drunken Yeti. The EU wide is not as wide as the US sizing. I have to go up 1 or 1.5 size. Insoles need to be replaced out of the box . The Alaska will stick to the slope. Decent light mountaineering boot. Excellent service or work boot. Comfortable in the 80ish lbs range. Very good lacing system. The leather lining will dry out quickly. I maintain 35 miles a week with a pack year round . Need sole replacement every two years.
It is a quality boot but I would suggest trying them on first.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralHanwag bootsHanwag boots