Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralGolite SL4/5 VentsGolite SL4/5 Vents
Previous

Next
New Post
10/21/2012 6:26 PM

For those who have installed a stove Jack in the Golite shelters, do you just leave the top mesh vents as is or does anybody do anything to cover them and prevent some heat loss?

Thanks!

New Post
10/22/2012 1:47 AM

I removed the rods from the vent covers on my SL5.  No free lunch though.  Yes more heat stays in, but so does condensate.  They still vent, but not like they did.  My thought in removing the rods, was if I wanted to open them up to factory effectiveness, I can just use a little twig as a prop.

New Post
10/23/2012 10:57 AM

Joe is correct about the trade off. I dislike condensate, and if I have a stove I am not as worried about some excess heat lose so I just left them in.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
10/30/2012 3:00 PM

Those little mesh vents are pretty negligible. I'm not even sure that they do much to minimize condensation. I wouldn't worry about them personally.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralGolite SL4/5 VentsGolite SL4/5 Vents