Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsFirearms and Sk...Firearms and Sk...hold fasthold fast
Previous

Next
New Post
6/17/2016 11:35 AM

Hold fast dear friends as there is a storm brewing. Only through true convictions and dedication to the cause will we come through unscathed. The winds have picked up and they are blowing against us, pushing us off course. Hopefully those who we have chosen to guide our ship will steer us through these troubled waters.

New Post
7/14/2016 3:53 PM

???

New Post
7/14/2016 4:28 PM

When asked "what's the world coming to?", my new favorite TV character Cullen Bohannon replied "World ain't comin' to nuthin' son. Same as it ever was."

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
7/14/2016 5:12 PM

Cullen is the man. Been waiting for the final showdown between him and the Swede.

New Post
7/14/2016 5:46 PM

I'm on season one, episode 6 or thereabouts. Happy I've found something worth watching (since I finished Longmire) for those rare occasions that I've got 45 minutes of down time to myself.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
7/14/2016 5:47 PM

"Hell on Wheels " worth watching?

New Post
7/14/2016 5:53 PM

Overall, yeah. It has it's moments of dipping into stupidity....but for a TV western, not bad.

New Post
7/14/2016 6:02 PM

Thank you guys, I have limited time like most of us and with no "Longmire" could use some entertainment

Everything has its moments of stupidity since Kurusawa and John Ford stopped making movies so I will look forward to watching it
Thanks

New Post
7/14/2016 9:22 PM

I wrote that original post a couple of days before the last vote in congress over re-instating the assault weapons ban. Again it was voted down by only a slim margin. The post certainly seems more cryptic when not seen in that context :)

New Post
7/17/2016 9:17 PM

For something that covers the Reconstruction Era, specifically the Transcontinental Railroad, it's pretty entertaining. I'm midway through the fifth season and it does provide some entertaining access to reasonably historically accurate stuff -- soap opera aside.

New Post
7/18/2016 8:50 AM

CCH wrote:

For something that covers the Reconstruction Era, specifically the Transcontinental Railroad, it's pretty entertaining. I'm midway through the fifth season and it does provide some entertaining access to reasonably historically accurate stuff -- soap opera aside.

"Everything I need to know about US History I learned on TV" ;-)  Kidding aside, you're welcome to raid my library on the ancient world stuff. Might be some volumes worth reading that you haven't yet. Heck, same might be true of US History.

New Post
9/8/2016 7:05 PM

Thanks for that one. We don't get The Cable out where we live, so I've never seen that one until now. Turns out I can stream it via Netflix and I like it. I too have been bereft now that we're between seasons of Longmire.

New Post
9/10/2016 6:56 PM

Have to add, I was talking about the Transcontinental Railroad, immigration and corruption a couple of weeks ago and a student raised his hand and said, "That sounds like Hell on Wheels." I said yes, yes it does. I went on to make sure that they know that I do NOT recommend students watch it because it may contain inappropriate matter. I think I said NOT about twenty times. They took that to mean that they should. ;)

New Post
9/23/2016 3:42 PM

CCH wrote:
Have to add, I was talking about the Transcontinental Railroad, immigration and corruption a couple of weeks ago and a student raised his hand and said, "That sounds like Hell on Wheels." I said yes, yes it does. I went on to make sure that they know that I do NOT recommend students watch it because it may contain inappropriate matter. I think I said NOT about twenty times. They took that to mean that they should. ;)

A good teacher knows how to get the point across...

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsFirearms and Sk...Firearms and Sk...hold fasthold fast