Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsFirearms and Sk...Firearms and Sk...John McPhee 2 Day Pistol CourseJohn McPhee 2 Day Pistol Course
Previous

Next
New Post
1/4/2019 8:48 PM

I signed up for John's 2 day course in FL in a few weeks.  Curious if anyone has taken his course, or has any feedback on his training techniques.  I have never had any formal gun training since my grandfather's rifle lessons when I was a kid in the 70's.  I am a newer pistol shooter, mostly shotgun and rifle in my life, so hoping to learn lot's and improve greatly.  Any tips to make the course more enjoyable and valuable are greaty appreciated.  I will post an AAR for any interested after the course.

New Post
1/6/2019 7:55 AM

Don't know the guy but I'm sure, with his background, what you are taught will be sound.  Next time I recommend Randy Cain of Cumberland Tactics. He's the best I've seen for new shooters (great for not-so new as well)  He has a range a little north of Tampa FL. Its about time for me to attend his Practical Rifle class again.

Range tips?  Pack a lunch.  Spend the money for a Mag Lula loader.  Your fingers will thank you.

New Post
1/6/2019 8:19 AM

Take-a-knee wrote:

Spend the money for a Mag Lula loader.  Your fingers will thank you.

I thought those things were silly until I bought one for my daughter to use.  It works so well I bought one for myself

New Post
1/6/2019 10:37 AM

Thanks sir, picked one up today.  Researching Randy now, great philosophy and focus on fundamentals.  Thanks for the recommendation! 

New Post
1/7/2019 4:12 PM

Seconding what TAK wrote.. a "thumbs up" for Randy Cain's Practical Rifle class.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsFirearms and Sk...Firearms and Sk...John McPhee 2 Day Pistol CourseJohn McPhee 2 Day Pistol Course