Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsFirearms and Sk...Firearms and Sk...PCC / PDW (2019)PCC / PDW (2019)
Previous

Next
New Post
2/4/2019 11:54 AM

Not to muddy the waters...

Does the Tac14 type firearms (I hope I am saying that right) serve any useful purpose? I see Remington is making a Tac14 with a brace. There are still some very respected people that think the SBS/Tac14 type 12-14" shotguns have merit. Thoughts or real world experience?

Talk is cheap...lets compare fur checks.

New Post
2/4/2019 12:08 PM

Shotguns will always have a place. I suspect the naysayers have never seen in person what a well placed slug does to the human animal.

In my lowly opinion though, it is a weapon that is not for the faint of heart or the stupid. But then, the same should be said for all weapons come to think of it.

New Post
2/4/2019 4:16 PM

El Mac wrote:
Shotguns will always have a place. I suspect the naysayers have never seen in person what a well placed slug does to the human animal.

In my lowly opinion though, it is a weapon that is not for the faint of heart or the stupid. But then, the same should be said for all weapons come to think of it.

What are some scenarios or locals where you would prefer a shotgun over 11.5-16" AR?

Talk is cheap...lets compare fur checks.

New Post
2/4/2019 5:13 PM

The March 21,2017 ATF letter to SB Tactical is the last I have seen. A search will find it and you can draw your own conclusions. 

ATF lost a stabilizing brace case in Ohio last October. Jury did a good job of calling BS on a sloppy case by ATF. The one thing that did come out of it was ATF saying 13.5 inches is their number for length of pull. Anything longer is problematic. 

A FastCase legal software search this afternoon didn't turn up anything else.

New Post
2/4/2019 8:02 PM

Thanks

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
2/4/2019 8:09 PM

strow wrote:
El Mac wrote:

What are some scenarios or locals where you would prefer a shotgun over 11.5-16" AR?

In my experience, some prefer them as an entry weapon depending on who is being entered and why. And....when there are pit bulls present.

New Post
2/5/2019 1:04 PM

El Mac wrote:

IMO, about 1% of 12ga pumpgun owners actually understand its employment, and can run it well.  I know what "running it well" looks like and I know I don't quite measure up to that standard. Keeping that thing stoked and operating is a challenge.

New Post
2/5/2019 1:06 PM

On that sir, we agree. But a dude that can run one well, is a sight to behold and a force to be reckoned with.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsFirearms and Sk...Firearms and Sk...PCC / PDW (2019)PCC / PDW (2019)