Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsFirearms and Sk...Firearms and Sk...Why I gave up on Glock 20Why I gave up on Glock 20
Previous

Next
New Post
1/30/2019 2:36 PM

I'm 6'3" 240lbs and have pretty big hands and forearms. I can reliably get a Glock 20 to malfunction with a WHO grip using heavy, 200 grain hardcast loads.

A gun and load combination that will only run reliably with a perfect grip isn't really reliable.

The worst combination seems to be a wide meplat hardcast bullet that weighs 200 grains going about 1200 fps. Dropping the velocity seems to help quite a bit. If the bullet won't get the job done at 1050, it probably won't at 1200 either, especially if it is hung up on the feedramp.

New Post
1/30/2019 3:38 PM

What on God's green acre is a "WHO" grip?

New Post
1/30/2019 4:38 PM

El Mac wrote:

weak hand only

New Post
1/31/2019 12:21 AM

BobM wrote:
El Mac wrote:

weak hand only

Yup. Sorry for the unclear writing.

New Post
1/31/2019 5:27 AM

No worries. Thanks for the clarification.

New Post
5/16/2019 12:48 PM

KKM modifies the feedramp if requested for more reliable feeding, esp. for when using  lead or long loads or Underwood ammo. You can even send barrel back to them to have it done, I believe at no charge.

Also I have found grease instead of oil or crp type lubricants can cause failures.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsFirearms and Sk...Firearms and Sk...Why I gave up on Glock 20Why I gave up on Glock 20