Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsFirearms and Sk...Firearms and Sk...Sig P365Sig P365
Previous

Next
New Post
2/20/2019 8:13 PM

After a year of watching the gun and letting any bugs get worked I decided to buy one to replace my Glock 43. I like the 365! It’s easy to shoot well. It’s also very ergonomic, especially with the 12 round mag in it. It’s hard to believe that you get this level of capacity and shootability in a gun of this size. I highly recommend it. 

New Post
2/20/2019 9:22 PM

It is a game changer and in a class of it's own.

New Post
2/21/2019 12:03 AM

As a Sig fanboy I was super excited, but Im still not sold on the reliability yet.  I am waiting for the update from the Military Arms Channel for the July 18 pistol that he acquired.  If anybody knows of any other tests that have been done on store bought P365s by people who are known to not accept "promotional" compensation from the manufacturers I would be interested.

New Post
2/21/2019 6:35 AM

Yeah, MAC is THE fountain of knowledge. (eyeroll)

New Post
2/21/2019 7:19 AM

Buy with confidence. It’s a fantastic gun.

New Post
2/21/2019 9:07 AM

El Mac wrote:
Yeah, MAC is THE fountain of knowledge. (eyeroll)

Haha....

Personally, plastic strikers aren't my go-to preference for CCW, but I can definitely see why there is a waiting list for the P365. And it seems like Sig has knocked it out of the park on these. Just look at all the other companies scrambling right now to release something comparable.

New Post
2/21/2019 9:16 AM

Just for the record, the 365 is solid steel/metal - not plastic. All components that make a firearm a firearm, are of steel/metal and mounted to steel/metal. The 'plastic' grip module is just a shell that houses the real firearm.

New Post
2/21/2019 1:17 PM

Well either MAC is a liar or he bought 2 "gen 2" P365s off the shelf and both of them broke in the first 1000 rounds.  And while it is possible that he is a liar, he would have had to go out of his way to manufacture the camera "evidence" of the failures.  What do you have againt him anyway?

All Im saying is that Im skeptical about carrying a firearm with that kind of history until someone can provide evidence it has been fixed.

New Post
2/21/2019 7:04 PM

I have had to send a Glock back before for a factory issue but 99% of the time they are spot on. As we know all other semi auto pistols are judged according to the standard Glock has set in performance and reliability.

Sig will take care of you just the way Glock took care of me - if you have an issue.

New Post
2/21/2019 7:07 PM

BTW - It has fed and fired 100% reliably and accurately with Underwood +p+ Xtreme penetrator and 147 +p+ fmj.

New Post
3/8/2019 1:58 PM

I finally got to shoot one yesterday (not my gun) ... I did a walk-back drill shooting 5 rds @ the 3,5,7,10,15 & 25 yard line (30 rds total). I think the little gun has potential.

New Post
3/8/2019 2:13 PM

To say the least!

New Post
3/8/2019 7:12 PM

FYI - I called Underwood Ammo and mentioned to them how well the 365 did with the +p+ 115 Xtreme penetrator. The technician told me they don’t recommend shooting +p+ in the 365 bc of lack of chamber support. He told me to check the brass and I would see a ring around it. Sure enough, all the +p+ brass had it. He also said +p is absolutely fine and the Sig manual even says that. So...I’ll stick with standard and +p in my 365.

New Post
6/8/2019 9:03 AM

I really like the idea of the P365XL. With my hand size, I would never carry the reduced capacity magazines of the 365. It will always be twelve rounders for me, so it makes sense to carry a pistol with no grip length compromise.

I had a chance to mess with a Glock 48 yesterday and find that to be a very compelling pistol size. I would like to shoot the G48 and P365XL side by side before buying one.

New Post
6/11/2019 8:02 AM

I picked up a P365 a couple of weeks ago.  I’ve only shot 30-40 rounds through it.  It was hitting low left for me but I hope it is just me:  Will practice more and see...   Design seems to definitely fit a socially non-permissive environment (Legal to CCW but setting is very anti gun) need where the most likely and most dangerous threat is an active shooter.

The P365 XL seems like a good concept but I think Sig should have gone even bigger...4-4.5” barrel and grip no wider but long enough for a 15 round flush fit mag.   It would have been the thin, ergonomic, polymer frame, striker fired “Browning Hi-Power” guys like me have been waiting for.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsFirearms and Sk...Firearms and Sk...Sig P365Sig P365