Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsFirearms and Sk...Firearms and Sk...What sling do you use with your bolt action rifle?What sling do you use with your bolt action rifle?
Previous

Next
New Post
8/20/2019 6:21 AM

I use a simple canvas strap, only a little bit more free. At transitions, I carry a shotgun on my right shoulder, with trunks in the top behind my back, during the hunt, on the left, only the barrels of the beacon in front and a little up, the shotgun is located between the left side and the left hand, the arm embraces it. The bird needs a shot, the left hand hands a gun in front and in the top (the strap falls out of the shoulder without difficulty) and in the meantime, the rifle turns into a normal position and the right at this time catches the neck, and put a gun in the shoulder. The belt should be tuned so - the gun in a horizontal position, with a hand, take the strap in the middle and bend the arm in the elbow, the gap between the elbow and the gun should be 7-10 cm.I want to buy it from this list. What do you advisehttps://leather-toolkits.com/reviews/...r-rifle-slings/

New Post
9/10/2019 5:10 PM

I had a Rhodesian sling from The Wilderness on my Ruger GSR but didn't care for it. I replaced it with an M1907 sling that I originally bought ~25 years ago for my Garand when I shot Service Rifle.

I find it easier to adjust and the leather isn't as slippery as nylon webbing.

Dave Markowitz

New Post
9/10/2019 11:02 PM

Ching by Andy's Leather on my Scouts.  I have the original that came with my Steyr but I like Andy's better.  I have a Ching made my Galco as well.  On a heavier bolt gun, I like the TAB Gear sling.   I just started playing with a Blue Force Medic sling on an AR, using the forward (Medic Sling has two) adjuster as a loop sling.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsFirearms and Sk...Firearms and Sk...What sling do you use with your bolt action rifle?What sling do you use with your bolt action rifle?