Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsFirearms and Sk...Firearms and Sk...Weapon ShieldWeapon Shield
Previous

Next
New Post
6/8/2016 9:34 PM

This looks interesting and promising...anything out of Giessele's shop is bound to be worthwhile.

http://algdefense.com/alg-go-juice-lubricant-4-oz.html

On my 1911s I use a bit of Eno's Slide Glide on the rails and bushing and Kel Lube on the rest of things that need lubing. On M4s, Kel Lube in the summer and switch to G96 in the winter. When working the line, invariably some knucklehead will show up with a bone dry M4 and the problems begin soon thereafter so I usually keep a small bottle in my kit to get them up and running again.

There are so many good choices, but I would caution against going with the latest fade lube.

New Post
6/9/2016 11:19 AM

TAK, yet again, dial it back. Joke is certainly not what I would characterize it as based on Pat's own comments on the what and why. However, it doesn't matter and doesn't need to be discussed further. Further posts down that route will be deleted, as the other ones were, which I am very sad to say I think is a first. I hoped to never have to set that 1st.

Having tried a couple of the latest and greatest lubes and getting burned bad by one, Fire Clean, El Mac's advice, and a lot of others is spot on. Go slow, nothing like pulling the trigger and getting a click because your latest and greatest lube turns gummy overtime. I had it happen on two different guns, and one started having ejection issues.

Mobil 1 is tried and true but toxic, If it wasn't I would probably just use it. Evan does. Lots of others have good rep, in my opinion Weapon Shield is to new a product for me to trust it. I waited a long time on Fire Clean, but still didn't wait long enough.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
6/9/2016 11:36 AM

FWIW, I have been running Weapon Shield on my 1911 and AR for the last several months.  So far, it has been living up to my expectations.  The Ph.D. level gun guru at for the DOJ recommended it during their recent ballistics lab at Quantico.  El Mac knows who I speak of.  That carries some weight for me at least.  However, at the end of the day, if a guy picks a lube that consistently works for him in the conditions he faces outdoors...then THAT is the best lube for him.  Like it's been said before, there are so many good products out there, just decide on one and go with it.  Just figured I would share info on Weapon Shield, since it has undergone some torture testing, and a little goes a long way....so not an uneconomical choice.

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
7/7/2016 10:14 PM

I've been running Weapon Shield for a while now and so far so good. At the Summer gathering the topic of lubes came up and Scot told us the tale of trying one of the "new hotness" lubes. He lubed up his 1911 and stuck it in the freezer for 15-20 minutes to see how it'd fare in the cold, a very real concern in the mountains of CO. He pulled it out and it was completely frozen shut, no bueno.

So I figured I'd give the weapon shield the same test, fresh coat in my M&P 9 Pro and into the freezer it went. Checked after 15 minutes and it felt no different than room temperature. Tossed it back in for another hour and still G2G, pulled the slide and the spots I hit with the lube still looked wet. Finally I figured what the heck I'll leave it overnight. Checked it this morning and still functioned flawless. Pulled the slide and the lube was still visibly wet, felt a bit thicker than when I first put it on but not by much. So at least for M&P's and can say that the cold doesn't seem to have any negative effect on it. Obviously how other guns go together can change the scenario but I certainly won't worry about it when the temps drop, which I could really go for right about now!

"Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children."

New Post
7/8/2016 8:11 PM

Another vote for Mobil One, works great on my 1911

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsFirearms and Sk...Firearms and Sk...Weapon ShieldWeapon Shield