Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsFirearms and Sk...Firearms and Sk...MGM Switch View Throw LeversMGM Switch View Throw Levers
Previous

Next
New Post
5/9/2016 3:12 PM

I made mention in my thread about the Ruger Gunsite Scout synthetic stock I installed and how I had ordered an MGM throw lever for the 1.5-5 x 33 VX-R I have on the rifle.  I just now checked to see if the power ring on my 2-7 x 33 VX-R (currently residing on my DDM4) is the same diameter as the one on the 1.5-5.  Logic would suggest that it would be the same diameter, but I figured I had better check to make certain.  Yep....it measures out to 1.490".  The good news is that I should be able to order a second throw lever for that scope.  Just wanted to pass this info on for anybody interested in getting a throw lever for their Leupold VX-R series scopes.  Once I install the one I've ordered on mine, I'll post pics.

http://www.mgmswitchview.com/switchvi...

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
5/10/2016 2:33 PM

Installed the throw lever this afternoon.  Pretty easy to do, except on the VX-R series, you must disassemble the two parts in order to get it into position around the power ring.  The eyepiece is too big to simply slide it into place from the end.  Not too tough, but the lever came pre-assembled, and I had to carefully coax and nudge the ball portion out of the socket on the lever.  Once in place, I then carefully reattached the two pieces and then installed the small hex screw.  The gap in the section where the screw is located is supposed to be there, according to the manufacturer's instructions.  Also, it is only supposed to be tightened until it's snug...basically 2.2 inch-pounds.

Since there are two different slots cut for the power ring adjustment bump, I decided to position mine so that the lever is at the 2100 position when the power is set down to 1.5.  From this location, I can manipulate the lever easily with my support hand.  Turned out pretty good.  Check out the pics.

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
5/24/2016 4:17 PM

I installed a second MGM Switchview onto my Leupold 2-7 x 33 VX-R, which lives on my DDM4.  Very happy with these throw levers....they are definitely handy.  

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsFirearms and Sk...Firearms and Sk...MGM Switch View Throw LeversMGM Switch View Throw Levers