Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsFirearms and Sk...Firearms and Sk...Any AK LoveAny AK Love
Previous

Next
New Post
5/30/2016 6:29 PM

I'm sure the modernized AK variants are a lot better than the ones I employed out of operational necessity, but a part of me just won't ever feel good about it, as that I don't want to own the kind of firearm that my enemies employed against me and my brethren for so many years.  That might be silly of me, but there it is.

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
5/31/2016 7:20 AM

I mean, that's a totally reasonable stance if you want to take that stance.

Then just buy the Finish of the Israeli modified versions of it ;-)

New Post
5/31/2016 10:27 AM

Like I said, I prefer an AR over an AK, and with the price shifts they lost one of their biggest advantages. At this point, I recommend ARs more. My point is not that you should have one or they are better, simply that we aren't going to perpetuate the AKs are inaccurate anymore than we are going to perpetuate the myth that ARs are unreliable. Stock CAR15 sights to stock AKMS sight no comparison, of course good sights are going to give better accuracy.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
6/2/2016 9:37 AM

I'm reeling. This is the most civil discussion on this particular topic ever. When it comes up online, grateful that people can shoot each other over the Internet.

Red dots and optics go along way towards enhancing the AK and I've had to employ both as my vision ages.

"Law is error, you see. It's an attempt to write down a lot of things that everyone ought to know anyway" ~~~ Freeman ibn Solomon - The Gone-Away World (Nick Harkaway)

New Post
7/10/2016 7:32 PM

Most recent project.

DDI, polish parts kit AK-47
Magpul Zhukov stock
Magpul MOE front handguard
Hogue hand grip
Tromix extended charging handle
Zenit DTK-2 muzzle break
UltiMAK forward optic mount
-Holosun Parlow HS503G to be mounted after iron site zero is confirmed-

Alumahyde FDE base coat
Rustoleum Flat Green, brown, and black sponge applied camo job.

New Post
7/29/2016 10:16 PM

Digging up an old thread, I'm anxious to see the new ddi guns with american made forged trunnions. So far the usa made century guns have had some quality issues. If I were to buy an ak today it would be an arsenal or a new Cugir factory built romanian.That said, an AR or my CZ 527 with a 1-4 power scope are my "go to" rifles.

New Post
8/31/2016 12:34 PM

Rob Ski from the AK Operator's Union is having good results (so far) on the American made Palmetto States Armory AK47 (if you're looking for an American made model)

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsFirearms and Sk...Firearms and Sk...Any AK LoveAny AK Love