Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsFirearms and Sk...Firearms and Sk...10 round 1911 mags10 round 1911 mags
Previous

Next
New Post
7/21/2016 1:11 PM

I have a few 10 rd 1911 mags, Power Mags and Wilson that feed 230gr fmj all day long but will not feed 200gr fmj FP or 230gr Federal Hydrashock. I have no issues using the same ammo in my 8rd mags. Has anyone had similar problems with 10 rd mags?

New Post
7/21/2016 1:17 PM

One word:. Tripp

New Post
7/21/2016 5:05 PM

El Mac, I'm a bow shooter mostly. I love to read this forum and enjoy the topics. Every once in awhile I have to Google an item in discussion , because I'm not a shooter.(or whatever )

What is Tripp? If I might ask sir. Thanks

New Post
7/21/2016 5:54 PM

Tripp Research makes perhaps the finest 1911 magazines. I'm pretty familiar with the 1911 and it's oddities. Tripp has been the most reliable and robust magazines in all versions...7, 8 and 10 rounds. They are not cheap, but they work very well and last a long time. If I had the extra cake laying around, I'd buy a barrel full of them. So I do the maintenance and replace followers and springs and try and squeeze the life out of the other brands I have. But when I do buy more, nothing but Tripp.

If you do opt for Tripp, I highly recommend the aluminum base pads... plastic base pads are...well, lesser in the long haul.

New Post
7/21/2016 6:12 PM

Thanks for the info El Mac. Nice of you to explain. I will look them up.

New Post
7/21/2016 7:33 PM

El Mac, Thanks for the tip, I will try one of the Tripp ten rounders and one of their replacement kits for one of my old ten rd mags.
Regards,

New Post
7/27/2016 6:26 AM

I have had good luck with the CMC powermags over the years, and like the big basepad on them. That being said you have to stay on top of your springs with them. I am slowly making the switch to Tripps based on El Mac's recommendations and design, and that may include 10rders.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
7/31/2016 9:52 AM

I would probably go with Tripps.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsFirearms and Sk...Firearms and Sk...10 round 1911 mags10 round 1911 mags