Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsFirearms and Sk...Firearms and Sk...For the Love of Guns....For the Love of Guns....
Previous

Next
New Post
8/25/2016 9:39 PM

1. I noticed the firearm side of the forum is getting a little stale.  I know I enjoy seeing and learning about what others have; so I will attempt to kick it off with a few of my dearest....[URL=http://s1248.photobucket.com/user/mjtx88/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsz6h6zxfn.jpeg.html]
    [/URL]  My "un-pure" Marlin 336SS 30-30 with Leupold FX scout and 2 AR builds.  First is a 5.56 16" BCM upper on a spikes lower with a Leupold VXR 1.5-4.  The second is a 10.5" 300 BO pistol, MAS Defense barrel, ALG Ergo handguard, on an Anderson lower with a Phase 5 hex-one buffer tube and JP silent capture buffer.  A Bushnell TRS-25 and Troy BUIS sit atop it.  Both have Larue MBT triggers and BCM BCGs. As you can see I am a fan of angled foregrips...ha!  All three are smooth shooters.

New Post
8/25/2016 11:55 PM

Wow, you put an AFG on a lever gun. I don't think i've ever seen that. How's it handle?

New Post
8/26/2016 12:11 AM

Handles great. I had some extra parts and installed it for fun, but ended up really liking it. Makes working the lever and maintaining a cheek weld really smooth. Beats my previous method of wrapping a finger around the front sling swivel mount.

New Post
9/2/2016 10:43 AM

We tend to think that 10.5" 300 BO pistols are the next frontier in GP backcountry firearms. I'm surprised that you don't have the pistol grips reversed between your carbine and pistol. Rationale?

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
9/2/2016 7:04 PM

Good eye Evan. I was so pleased with how the 300BO performed that I didn't mess with it much after getting the gas system humming. I hadn't considered trying the more vertical pistol grip. It has a very natural point of aim when shooting from an forward isosceles type stance. But I'm curious now how it would feel. Will let you know. Thanks!

New Post
9/5/2016 3:40 PM

I switched the pistol grips. The more vertical one (BCM) is a little more comfortable on the Pistol. Thanks again!

New Post
9/6/2016 11:54 AM

mjtx88 wrote:
I switched the pistol grips. The more vertical one (BCM) is a little more comfortable on the Pistol. Thanks again!

Scot tends to favor the more vertical grips on everything, while I still prefer the more angled ones on carbines. For a pistol, the vertical is almost a necessity.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsFirearms and Sk...Firearms and Sk...For the Love of Guns....For the Love of Guns....