Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsFirearms and Sk...Firearms and Sk...Ruger Scout Trigger OptionsRuger Scout Trigger Options
Previous

Next
New Post
1/21/2018 8:48 AM

I’m in the market to upgrade the trigger on my Ruger Scout rifle. Both Rifle Basix and Timney make a trigger for the scout. Do any of you have experience with either one? 

New Post
1/21/2018 11:34 PM

There's a third for you, Spec Tech Industries. The guys on the scout rifle forum recommend these.

http://www.spec-tech-industries.com/

That being said, I do not own one for mine.

New Post
1/22/2018 8:24 AM

Thanks, I’ll look into that one, too.

New Post
1/26/2018 5:23 PM

I had a SpecTech, it was a good trigger and easy to adjust. It went with a Ruger Frontier when I sold it. Honestly Ruger bolt gun triggers are pretty simple to take apart and clean up yourself. Some fine grit sandpaper and a few minutes is all you really need.

New Post
1/26/2018 6:27 PM

I enddd up ordering both the Rifle Basix and Timney triggers. The RB arrived today and I installed it in about 20min. It was easy. It adjusts from 14oz to 2.5lbs. I have it set at 2lbs and it’s a very clean break. I like how the trigger adjustment screw is easy to access and RB gives you the option of a stainless or black trigger.

Once the Timney arrives I’ll install it and compare the two. I’ll return one of them. I told both companies what I was planning and they said no problem and to return it if I didn’t like it. I’ll write about the Timney once I get it.

New Post
1/27/2018 6:16 AM

HawkCreek, thanks I’ll definitely try to that as well.

New Post
2/1/2018 8:35 PM

I just installed the Timney trigger for the GSR and it seems to be a bit cleaner break. I suspect that has to do with the sear that comes with the trigger. The Rifle Basix trigger uses the factory sear.

The Timney took about an hour to install and requires that the safety tab be filed a little at a time until it engages.

They are both very nice triggers although the Timney seems a little more robust. I’ll upload some pictures tomorrow.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsFirearms and Sk...Firearms and Sk...Ruger Scout Trigger OptionsRuger Scout Trigger Options