Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut There2012 Winter Rondy Feb 24th - 26th2012 Winter Rondy Feb 24th - 26th
Previous

Next
New Post
2/27/2012 2:29 PM

Another one is on the books and as in the other cases it was a great one. Unfortunately I came home to a big pile of stuff to deal with so I wont be able to do much of a review for a bit. Hopefully someone else can jump in.

Jason  and everyone else here is your list as near as I can remember:

• neoair all season
  • synmat
  • rei one glove
  • camo garden mat
  • Lights Out by David Crawford
  • Marcus Wynne
  • American Sniper by Chris Kyle
  • Watch for Me on the Mountain by Forest Carter
  • Death Hunt with Charles Bronsan
  • Altai Hoks (modern karvers)
  • White River Knife and Tool Caper and Backpacker (thewhiteriver.com)
  • Tom Halloran Knives

Brian from Ontario please provide the glove information

OPC we NEED the information on who made the knife you sent Evan.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
2/27/2012 3:25 PM

Also:

*Rossignol BC125 skis

*Ruger Scout Rifle WITH walnut stock

As usual this Winter Rondy was a great time of convesation, comradery, gear sharing and testing.  It was wonderful to visit with old friends and meet some new ones.  Also as usual, I came away with a list of gear to buy and books to read.  A slight variation for this year however,  is the nasty cold I'm now fighting.

New Post
2/29/2012 9:20 PM

Thanks all for coming! I think 112Papa and Rocky won the furthest distance award. Jason did a great job of selecting a rondy site, and Big W packed in his chainsaw to make firewood easy... and that was a good thing. We had the Seekoutside large box stove going continuously for 27 hours.

This was the most enviable collection of firearms we've ever had at a Rondy, and I don't think anyone brought more than a couple. The impromptu shooting session resulted in a target I wasn't very proud of. More practice boys!

As usual, the food was plentiful and good.

On an interesting side note, Marcus Wynne's ears must have been burning when we recommended his books. When we turned our mobile devices back on, there was an email waiting from him. I'll just get to the pictures. They tell a pretty good story.

You know it's a going to be a good Rondy when....

A pulk jackknives on the way in!

Camp was nice

And not complete without a badger den

As usual, the main feature was VERY good discussion. Big W and Badger munching on Rocky's deer jerky

Don't worry Skeener, Scot looks at nuns the same way as he *knows* they're not to be trusted

Jason and 112Papa enjoying the homemade granola bars Skeener brought in

Rocky, Buck (finally), and Superbadger

And Big W and Hansford

112Papa discovering the joy of Karvers

Everybody standing around admiring Rocky's Colt, which he had put lots of loving hours into (and it showed)

The lineup

Evidence of a comfortable camp

Here's to next time, and the boys who couldn't make it this time!

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
2/29/2012 9:27 PM

It did get a little windy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT7H6uMtuOY

This was the morning after the windstorm when it had died down. Recorded wind down in town was mid 20s with gusts into the low 30s. The collective group estimated that up on the saddle between two drainages where we were camped, it was sustained around 40mph with gusts above that.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
3/1/2012 11:58 AM

Great pictures! I am really sorry to have missed it!

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut There2012 Winter Rondy Feb 24th - 26th2012 Winter Rondy Feb 24th - 26th