Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut ThereHPG Summer Open House - SilverJack Reservoir Campground - June 21-24HPG Summer Open House - SilverJack Reservoir Campground - June 21-24
Previous

Next
New Post
5/30/2018 10:14 AM

Meet the HPG team at the Forest Service campground and learn more about their gear including its backcountry applications. For those not on FB, here is the place to ask questions and let us know if you are coming:

Times will be from 1pm-5pm on June 21st and then 8am to 5pm on June 22-23rd, and then 8am-11am on June 24th. Folks are welcome to show up for part or all of it.  Location as it says above is the USFS Campground at Silver Jack Reservoir near Ridgeway, Colorado, and we will be in the group area.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
6/1/2018 9:54 AM

Scott

I'm going to try and make it. Will you have an Ute there to try on by chance?...and /or a Qui-ya?

New Post
6/2/2018 10:27 AM

We certainly can, but a reminder the week before would be appreciated.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
6/4/2018 10:21 AM

Hi, Scot. Enjoyed the gathering last summer and really looking forward to seeing you all again and seeing your gear.

Which loop in the campground will be you be using?

Do you have a campsite number you plan to use for the HPG site?

Is a Colorado fishing license required to fish in the reservoir?

Are you planning any classes/lectures/presentations?

I know, it is probably all there on the Facebook page. : )

New Post
6/4/2018 10:47 AM

RobHill wrote:

Hi, Scot. Enjoyed the gathering last summer and really looking forward to seeing you all again and seeing your gear.

Which loop in the campground will be you be using?
We will be on the group loop, until we show up we won't know which one is assigned to us.

Do you have a campsite number you plan to use for the HPG site?
Again, no clue until we get onsite. However, we will be hard to miss.

Is a Colorado fishing license required to fish in the reservoir?
No clue, but my assumption would be yes. I would recommend calling the local FS district with questions. You could call either Ouray or Montrose.

Are you planning any classes/lectures/presentations?

None at this time, but that may change if folks want to hear about something specific.

New Post
6/14/2018 5:32 AM

For those planning to come next weekend, here is the link to the campsite website. https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/gmug/recarea/?recid=32774
I talked to them yesterday and the fire restriction is now stage 2. That means absolutely no open flames other then camp stoves are allowed. Please plan accordingly.

New Post
6/18/2018 1:48 PM

Head count time. If you are coming this weekend please let me know when and how many.

New Post
6/18/2018 8:41 PM

Scott,

I will not be able to make it but I would like to swing by your shop and try the bigger packs sometime later.

New Post
6/19/2018 10:24 AM

Just email us at info@hillpeoplegear.com and we will get something setup.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut ThereHPG Summer Open House - SilverJack Reservoir Campground - June 21-24HPG Summer Open House - SilverJack Reservoir Campground - June 21-24