Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut ThereTubal Cain Trail - Olympic National ParkTubal Cain Trail - Olympic National Park
Previous

Next
New Post
6/10/2018 9:41 PM

I took my oldest daughter up to the ONP, we stayed on the east side of the park as the weather wasn't great, but had a beautiful drive up tp the Tubal Cain Trail.  My daughter carried a Conner pack, she was a college athlete, until she graduated a month ago.  I would be struggling to keep up all hike, and she would spend time waiting for the old man.

The trail has a nice little bridge over this stream near the beginning of the hike.  Very impotant to use both hands on the railing! :)

Beautiful Douglas Fir reminds us what this forest was 200 years ago.

We hit snow at about 4600'.  My Division I athlete, decided it was time to turn around.

Several 1000 feet down the Rhodedendron's were blooming, along with other wildflowers.  

Me in my Qui-ya and KBv2 plodding along in the rain with an OR rain cover keeping things drier. 

Rainbow on the drive back was amazing.

Total trip was 9.59 miles, starting at 3200' turn-around at 4725'.  My pack weight was 45 lbs this time, will do 35 or less next weekend.

When we arrived home a shipment of 2  Quart canteen holsters, a shotgun stock cuff, 2 GP Small & 1 GP Medium pouches, and a tool roll that will carry the FAK.  Might be a few more tool rolls in my future, now that I have handled them.  Definitely a rifle stock cuff and an Aston House going into the next order.

New Post
6/18/2018 1:20 PM

We want our kids to be stronger than us, but it still stings a bit when they outrun us, huh? What a great time with your daughter!

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
6/19/2018 1:50 PM

Thanks, it was a great time! She has been outrunning me for so long most of that sting is gone. I am just happy she went up with me on a not so fun weather day. If she hadn't have been wearing my Sealskinz I don't think there would be a hope in hell at a repeat. As it is she was asking for a Conner in a brighter color. I told her that may not be in the cards, but the Manatee matches her eyes, so maybe that will work.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut ThereTubal Cain Trail - Olympic National ParkTubal Cain Trail - Olympic National Park