Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut ThereFirst time out with HPG Recon in GSMNPFirst time out with HPG Recon in GSMNP
Previous

Next
New Post
3/18/2019 2:35 PM

Buddy and I have a backpacking trip to GSMNP set for first week of May for 3 nights. Ended up getting the HPG recon chest bag for CCW of my Glock 20SF. From what I hear the black bears in GSMNP are of no troubles, and we will also have bear spray, so the CCW setup is more for two legged variety. G20 will be loaded with Underwood Extreme Penetrator and I will be carrying a spare mag. 

Originally I ordered and setup on the pack a dual pouch from Blue Force Gear. Quality is good, and I wanted the quick access to my spare mag on the front of the pack, and was going to be also carrying a Fenix torch in the second pouch, but after setting the bag up you pretty much lose any and all discreteness with a mag on the front haha. I was thinking of maybe tossing it in the actual bag, as the likelyhood of a mag failure is even more slim then me actually ever presenting the firearm from the bag for a SHTF situation......

Was gonna toss some type of hiking patch or something on the front to give it a little more of a warm feeling for passing hiker's..... There will obviously be some people who will know I'm packing a hand cannon, but hoping to be fairly low profile. I don't have a problem defending the right to carry etc, would rather just not be bothered or have to engage anyone who has a difference in opinion.

Thoughts & suggestions welcomed!

Cheers, 

CANMAN

New Post
3/19/2019 7:10 PM

Have a great trip! And let's see some pic of your HPG in use!

New Post
3/30/2019 9:02 AM

Gonna get a pic of the internal carry setup I am going to use, but here is an external pic of the setup. Like I said debating on moving my backup mag pouch internally to keep a slightly lower profile, but not 100% sure yet.

[URL=http://s1053.photobucket.com/user/ryan501618/media/HPBRecon2_zps8ko2jluf.jpg.html]
[/URL]

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut ThereFirst time out with HPG Recon in GSMNPFirst time out with HPG Recon in GSMNP