Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut TherePreparing for 100 Mile Wilderness Hike on AT - Any Tips? Heavy Recon Bag Preparing for 100 Mile Wilderness Hike on AT - Any Tips? Heavy Recon Bag
Previous

Next
New Post
4/29/2019 8:12 AM

Son graduating from 12th grade this May and wants to do something 'epic' this summer so he asked to do the 100 mile wilderness.    Both of us in good shape and are keen the need to train up for the trip.. We will do milles at home and a  couple weekend ATC excursions in prep..  Been researching the web on it but just wanted to check in with the HPG family on the topic..  I've been a long time fan of HPG but just today decided to start posting.   Getting ready to order the Hvy Recon Kit bag for the trip..

New Post
4/29/2019 10:42 AM

Only done a few 3-day AT hikes in PA and NH, and all of GA and bunch of TN/NC so I can't address Maine.  Resupply is an issue I've read, speaking of reading there are a few AT hiker forums (Whiteblaze) and there are up to date trail guide that have current info on hostels, resupply, shuttles etc.  The one thing that can ruin a hike super quick is boots that don't fit, and feet that aren't conditioned. Vasque Breeze GTX with green Superfeet insoles work for me.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut TherePreparing for 100 Mile Wilderness Hike on AT - Any Tips? Heavy Recon Bag Preparing for 100 Mile Wilderness Hike on AT - Any Tips? Heavy Recon Bag