Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut ThereClass: Basic Trauma ResponseClass: Basic Trauma Response
Previous

Next
New Post
2/15/2012 2:03 PM

Intended for anyone who wants to be capable of treating life threatening injuries, this 8 hour class is ideal for hunters, backcountry travelers, law enforcement officers and concealed carry practitioners. Bases on the lifesaving methods of Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC), students will be taught to respond to injuries that are immediately life threatening. The class format will be a mix of lecture and hands on practice in a classroom setting. No prior training is required, but Basic First Aid and CPR are recommended.

Date: April 26, 2012 Bend Oregon (exact location TBA)

Cost: $75.00 (includes in class supplies only)

Instructor:

Joe Hayes is an experienced practitioner of advanced life saving procedures utilizing unconventional methods and equipment working autonomously in austere environments.

His training and experience comes from eight years as a Special Operations Medic in the 75th Ranger Regiment. He served 5 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, for a total of 2 solid years of combat deployment where he supervised the activities of junior providers and coordinated with higher medical authorities in addition to his normal responsibilities as a medic. He also had a tour as the sole Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) instructor for all prospective Ranger candidates, during which time he instructed over 2500 students.

Joe holds the following certifications: Paramedic (National Registry), Paramedic (USSOCOM), ACLS, ATLS, and CPR. He currently works on a Search and Rescue helicopter crew out of Kandahar Afghanistan providing fire support and medevac services.

For further information or to register, email training@hillpeoplegear.com.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
2/15/2012 3:58 PM

I would *love* to take this class - are there going to be any offered on weekends?  It's a bit of a drive from Seattle.

New Post
2/15/2012 4:52 PM

The date for this class was choosen, because that Thursday is the day before a couple of back to back classes I am hosting with Larry Vickers. Before you ask those are full and waitlisted. At this point this is the only one scheduled and is a test case. Both to see how it goes and for Joe to see if it is something he wants to continue doing. If it is and is then others will be scheduled with locations to be determined since Joe is commuting to Afghanistan for work right now.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
2/15/2012 5:52 PM

I would love to take this class also but its going to have to be a weekend for my buddy to make it. Still might come down but it would be nice for my friend to have the training also in case my butt is in trouble. I pass out when I see lots of my own blood, so I am not likely to be able to perform first aid on myself.

New Post
2/15/2012 6:46 PM

Like Scot said, the initial class will serve as the descision maker for any subsequent classes. However, I enjoy teaching and life saving is something I believe everyone should be exposed to.  Whether we decide to host more formal classes in the future or not, I wouldnt turn someone down if they wanted some education on the matter. 

I am out of the country for the most part until the fall. After that I should be around full time and weekends would be available. 

Lo, then would I wander far off, and remain in the wilderness. Selah.- Psalm 55:7

New Post
2/15/2012 10:48 PM

Awesome. I'm looking forward to it.  

I won't bitch about my 20 mile commute for awhile.  At least it's not Afghanistan.  

New Post
2/18/2012 11:17 AM

I'm in for a weekend in the fall. Driving down from British Columbia would be a bit of a challenge for a weekday course. I can make a weekend work.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut ThereClass: Basic Trauma ResponseClass: Basic Trauma Response