Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut Therenw winter rondynw winter rondy
Previous

Next
New Post
2/23/2012 7:21 PM

As most know my self and nephew Cameron cannot make it to the rondy this year due to an horrible situation that happen in our small community with one of our friends and co workers. Since we cannot be there in body we hope to be there in spirit by doing an give away for attendees of the rondy. I'll want to know who attended and put your initials on a quarter and draw the winner out if a bag of coins. Up for grabs will either an refurbed small forest axe or an Spyderco fixed blade.

New Post
2/27/2012 6:50 PM

OPC, you and Cam were missed and our thoughts were with you. Still are in fact.

The final list was:

SuperBadger, Big W, Buck, Papa112, Rocky, EH, SH, Hansford, Skeener, Jason

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
2/27/2012 11:32 PM

Sorry for not being able to make the trip. I will draw an winner tomorrow. Stayed tuned because I'll need an address from the winner.

New Post
2/28/2012 5:26 PM

Mixed up and tossed them around and drew a winner while tossing them about. Someone with the initials SB. Yep, Badger is our weiner. Cool! He wins one of those cool 1980's survival blades with an hollow handle and compass on the pommel. Ha! Just badgering you Badger. You actually have something really cool heading your way. Shoot me an pm with your coordinates and I'll have it out to u. Thanks OPC

New Post
2/28/2012 6:33 PM

Aaron, wow! Thanks! I was preparing to find an old truck to tear the seat out of for a poncho to go with that blade....

I am shooting a PM your way. Hope all is well- you were definitely missed this weekend.

New Post
2/28/2012 8:39 PM

Congrats Super Badger, I can't think of a more deserving guy to put good gear to good use. :)

We really missed you this year OPC, and hope we can meet up before another year goes by.  BTW we ALL want to know the name of the guy who built Evan's Bowie.  There's a lot of dried drool on it after last weekend.

New Post
2/28/2012 9:37 PM

Evans got an Bowie? Hmmm. Maybe he's got an rugged streak running thru him? Just out of curiosity, was his sheath fashioned out of Lycra? You know, the tight form fitting stuff.

New Post
2/28/2012 10:37 PM

Almost everyone was rolling some soft shell except yours truly, but the Bowie was dressed in nicely formed kydex.   The only clue on the blade was a "B" which is way too modest on the maker's part for such a well balanced and executed blade.

New Post
2/29/2012 1:03 PM

oldpinecricker wrote
Evans got an Bowie? Hmmm. Maybe he's got an rugged streak running thru him? Just out of curiosity, was his sheath fashioned out of Lycra? You know, the tight form fitting stuff.

Is it appropriate to tell a HARD ROCK MINER to stop being coy?

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
2/29/2012 2:40 PM

I'm starting to think the Hard Rock Miner bit is just a cover for a secret government project he's orchestrating.  His ruggedness is beyond all question, but he's MUCH too coy..........(grin)

New Post
2/29/2012 4:19 PM

Sounds like it was a good time sorry I missed it but was in no shape to camp in the snow. Just look at OPC and you can see he oozes coy.

New Post
2/29/2012 4:54 PM

Actually I've got a few projects in the fire. Three or four of them are real cool on paper, but I've got to keep them light enough and lively or they aren't such an great idea.

New Post
3/1/2012 11:59 AM

See guys, again with the coy!

New Post
3/2/2012 4:20 AM

Great pics! I will definitly be there next year. I am just curious what area you where in as I live in La Grande.

New Post
3/2/2012 9:21 AM

South of Baker off Hwy 7.

New Post
3/2/2012 10:54 PM

Thats a nice area. How has the snow fall been this year?

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut Therenw winter rondynw winter rondy